Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JV33 Far Left Magenta Dropping Out

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by sxbelfast, Dec 2, 2019.

1. sxbelfast

sxbelfast New Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Hi guys,

I have a JV33-160 that keeps losing the far left block of magenta on printing & test drawing. When I soak it or do a clean in comes back on temporarily & the second I send a job through it falls off again.

I have replaced the dampers (several times) and put in a new capping assembly, wiper & sponge. I have tried switching around the magenta & cyan dampers to see if it is a problem with the head but the it doesn’t seem to be as the cyan pulls through ink fine in that position.

I have tried tightening up all the valves at the back of the cartridge bays just in case there was air getting into the system. The far right test draw of magenta is perfect so I am completely stumped as to why I keep losing the left... anyone have any ideas?

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  2. SYYED SHAKEER

SYYED SHAKEER New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Everything i was about to tell you to try , you have already done , it was as though you read my mind . Can you upload picture of original test draw and then the one when you switched the magenta & cyan dampers. I too am stumped.

3. moerti

moerti New Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Austria
    Sorry for stealing your thread - but I have exactly the same problem with my CJV30 at the moment... also changed cap top, damper+valve! New head in July...
    I'm curious if anyone can help us?

Regards from Austria

4. hbb2008

hbb2008 Member

Sep 20, 2013
    St Louis, MO
    possibly need a new pump in addition to the new cap station. had that issue this summer. replaced the pump and cap station and it seamed to help get a good vaccum seal

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO