• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Far Left Magenta Dropping Out

sxbelfast

Hi guys,

I have a JV33-160 that keeps losing the far left block of magenta on printing & test drawing. When I soak it or do a clean in comes back on temporarily & the second I send a job through it falls off again.

I have replaced the dampers (several times) and put in a new capping assembly, wiper & sponge. I have tried switching around the magenta & cyan dampers to see if it is a problem with the head but the it doesn’t seem to be as the cyan pulls through ink fine in that position.

I have tried tightening up all the valves at the back of the cartridge bays just in case there was air getting into the system. The far right test draw of magenta is perfect so I am completely stumped as to why I keep losing the left... anyone have any ideas?

SYYED SHAKEER

Everything i was about to tell you to try , you have already done , it was as though you read my mind . Can you upload picture of original test draw and then the one when you switched the magenta & cyan dampers. I too am stumped.

moerti

Sorry for stealing your thread - but I have exactly the same problem with my CJV30 at the moment... also changed cap top, damper+valve! New head in July...
I'm curious if anyone can help us?

Regards from Austria

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
possibly need a new pump in addition to the new cap station. had that issue this summer. replaced the pump and cap station and it seamed to help get a good vaccum seal

CA Creative Group

1 man shop
I know this thread is from last year but I had the same issue with a jv33 printer I recently purchased and refurbed and have been wasting ink and time trying to troubleshoot the ink dropout. Keep in mine I replaced the print head with a genuine new mimaki head, dampers, fittings to the dampers, ribbon cables, 2 caps and 2pumps and 8 brand new ES3 ink carts not bulk.

When I installed the new head I primed all the dampers and the print head and both test prints and print files worked for a awhile but eventually the Left Magenta and Cyan would drop out. I swapped dampers, 2 caps, 2 pumps and swapped ink lines to confirm it wasn't a clogged line but same issue.

I found this thread and decided to try what Solventinkjet recommended and purchased another cap and slider from them and just installed it today. The quality of the cap I received from Solventinkjet looks much better then the 2 caps I purchased from other supposed US sellers and I can tell after a soft cleaning it is sealing better against the print head as cap had dark ink lines easily visible from each jet. With the other 2 caps I used I could see the left magenta and cyan lines were very faint compared to the other colors to the right.

Thanks Solventinkjet! I will be buying my replacement parts from you from now on.