• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 head removal and replacement

BoF

Hi all,

Can anyone offer any help in respect of removing and replaceing the JV33 print head?
The only intruction the maintenance manual gives is to 'refer to the video manual'
The manual does tell you to flush the head with solvent and the various adjustment post replacement, its the actual getting it out and in again I need some pointers on.

(and before anyone say get a Mimaki tech to do it, for various reasons, that isnt an option :) )

Thanks advance.....

Artgunner

I just watched a tech change my JV33 head just the other day due to a head strike. It was under warranty so what the heck. There are many steps you must do in order to change it. Yes he did flush the head and there are the post adjustments that must be done in order for you to be certain you have the heads in the correct position. That is in Maintenance mode. There is one option there that must never be changed. I helped the tech with the adjustments. There are 6 lines that you must register either positive or negative. The head can be changed if you are handy with tools and understand the layout of parts. I made sure I watched and tried to learn all I could in the case I had to replace my head without a tech. You can also leave the small metal bracket off is what I understand from tech if you do disassemble the head.

On another note: I also asked about inks and the chips. He said to not circumvent the chip because of the inks separating over time. He did suggest that we all demand that Japan send over the inks faster to allow us more time on the cartridges. He said the time starts when they make the cartridges and may take many months before it makes it to USA for sale.

Art

BoF

Thanks for the reply Art.

Its pretty straight forward. (famous last words) If you've changed a JV3 head, set up the head rank and done the Y adjustments ect this wont be too difficult.