• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Head removal, bad alignment trouble....

Alwayon

I got myself into big problem today.... stupid me... :banghead:

I've removed the JV33 head on 2 machines out today for a major ink dust cleaning... (the dust is building up fast on print head cable) ... then I clean them all and put them back.

Then I got into "Head Slant Adjustment", and "Drop Position Adjustment"...
in "Fast scanning mode" ... in all Draft/Draft2/Fine/Fine2...

Everything seems to look fine at first, ... so I started printing some jobs... and I am quite shocked to see that .... while I can print perfectly fine in "fast print mode", .... the alignment became really bad in "non-fast printing mode".

So, I tried another "Drop Position Adjustment" in "non-fast printing mode"... and got the situation reversed ... now perfect in "standard speed",.. then seriously out of alignment in "fast printing mode" instead !!

The symptom is just the same on both printer !! and quite different on the third machine which is untouched ... and can print perfectly well on both speed.

Would anyone please kindly tell me what I am doing wrong ? I am suspecting I may miss something like coarse alignment or print head placement before/after screwing it back on ? Is there something I should look for ?

Thank you ahead for any help or suggestions .... :notworthy:

Attachments

• AL1-SMALL.jpg
    AL1-SMALL.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 543
  • AL2-SMALL.jpg
    AL2-SMALL.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 284

DoubleDown

Well from our experience, once you remove a head and put it back, there is about a 2-3 hour alignment procedure that has to be done to get everything perfect again. This is according to techs we know but you may want to talk to a couple online Mimaki experts.

Alwayon

Thank you very much, DoubleDown. Fortunately, the case has been solved yesterday.

It turns out that the "Drop Position Adjustment" in service mode is meant to only be in first stage. After that ... the next thing to do is to do another "Drop Position Adjustment" in Maintenance menu (with 8 patterns) .... then everything will be perfect.

Area51Graphix

hello!!

Theres one option in the printer where you adjust the bi-directional print, don´t remember the name, is when the machine print some lines and you have to pick those who print in the same place.

Sorry for my english I´m from venezuela. Bye...