• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Heat settings

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have valuable information about heat settings? I am not printing on vinyl but rather thin 65g 70g decor paper for the laminate industry. With dark or high saturated colors I get waves in the paper that create blurry parts of my print. I've tried to adjust my heaters in all different directions and some times i still have no luck with keeping the paper flat on the printing zone. I can manage lighter colors much better than darker colors.

what is important about the pre heat/print and post heat ?

Aqueous ink
printing mostly 8-pass, bidirectional but depending on the print I change to 16-pass or unidirectional. I prefer 8-pass, bidirectional because it is much faster.

thank you for any information

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
The problem is likely saturation. You’re probably laying down too much ink on such a thin paper.

That’ll be why the lighter colours are easier, less ink.

depending on how you’re running the printer, you probably have to have a look at the ink limits in the profile.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, that is exactly when the problems arise-with dark or high saturated colors. With more testing this past few weeks, I have found a good result with many colors using 30/40/38 or something close to that. But I have more tests to do for higher Saturated colors. Always open to learn more

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If you’re not making/editing your own profiles, try find a profile for a very light paper and the ink limits might suit you better.