Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Question JV33 Heat settings

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by hbb2008, Nov 4, 2020.

1. hbb2008

hbb2008 Member

Sep 20, 2013
    St Louis, MO
    Does anyone have valuable information about heat settings? I am not printing on vinyl but rather thin 65g 70g decor paper for the laminate industry. With dark or high saturated colors I get waves in the paper that create blurry parts of my print. I've tried to adjust my heaters in all different directions and some times i still have no luck with keeping the paper flat on the printing zone. I can manage lighter colors much better than darker colors.

what is important about the pre heat/print and post heat ?

Aqueous ink
    printing mostly 8-pass, bidirectional but depending on the print I change to 16-pass or unidirectional. I prefer 8-pass, bidirectional because it is much faster.

thank you for any information

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The problem is likely saturation. You’re probably laying down too much ink on such a thin paper.

That’ll be why the lighter colours are easier, less ink.

depending on how you’re running the printer, you probably have to have a look at the ink limits in the profile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hbb2008

hbb2008 Member

Sep 20, 2013
    St Louis, MO
    Thanks, that is exactly when the problems arise-with dark or high saturated colors. With more testing this past few weeks, I have found a good result with many colors using 30/40/38 or something close to that. But I have more tests to do for higher Saturated colors. Always open to learn more

4. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you’re not making/editing your own profiles, try find a profile for a very light paper and the ink limits might suit you better.