• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33 help

maximumsign

Hey guys I got a jv33 its about 6 years old, Running a 3rd party ink. I have been fighting with it all week we had a Thunder storm move through 2 days last week and I left the printer unplugged. I had a friend who had lightning run in on his printer so I wanted to be safe. When we turned the printer on we had a few nozzles out on one of the m sides. I have cleaned and cleaned and done nozzle washes I had one test draw yesterday with 100% nozzles but after printing for about 15 min I was back to square one. Anyone have any advice to speed things up or how to fix this.

Attachments

• print test draw.jpg
    print test draw.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 75
  • print test draw 2.jpg
    print test draw 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 66

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Get a big UPS for you printer first of all. Like 2000va or larger. Those will have a few benefits, most stabilize output power which is good, most all are also top of the line surge suppressors, and of course the added benefit of continuous priting even during power flickers of any sort (as long as the RIP is also on a UPS). We have a commercial grade Liebert 6000va just for our printer, cutter, and RIP PC. You never want to leave you machine unplugged for more than a few hours if possible. The "parked" position for the head over the capping station is also held under very light motor tension, when power is lost it slacks off the cap a little.

Getting your nozzles back, probably another 90 min soak and a little bit of printing will probably get them back.

maximumsign

:banghead: Got all but a few nozzles back this morning printed about an hour did a test draw between each print and all looked good. Printed a 20ft sign 4ft wide and was looking good until about the last 3ft. Did a test draw when It finnished and the same few rows were out again.

gregwallace

We have had similar issues with our mimaki lately. We fixed it today by removing the maintenance station and putting it back in. Part of it had become disconnected so that the back right side of the ms wouldn't raise all the way to get a good seal on the yellow head. Because you're problem is on one of the outside heads I would assume its a ms alignment issue. You might also try pushing in on the captops with the carraige out of the way just to make sure they spring up properly.

4R Graphics

gregwallace the JV33 only has 1 cap and 1 head.

This has happened to me a few times very stressful as you hope the head is not bad most times not.

What I would do is do a nozzle soak let it soak an hour and then do a hard clean if its not back do any ink fill its like a hard clean but first it puts suction on the head for a few seconds and then it opens the ink valves and it sucks ink a little longer than a hard clean you may have to run a few cleans and maybe a few ink fills to get it back and stay back.

Good luck I love my JV33 but sometimes you want to hit it with a hammer and find a new living.

gregwallace

gregwallace the JV33 only has 1 cap and 1 head.

Sorry we have a jv3. I didn't notice the other 3.

But the op said that he got the nozzles clean and that they clogged again after 17 linear feet. Still similar to what ours was doing. You could try a damper swap but if there was a problem with the damper the missing nozzles would jump around. Since you got the nozzles clean you need to figure out what causes that head to dry out while the others remain fine.
I mean those nozzles. I understand one head.

4R Graphics

Gregno problem I figured you were a JV3 guy I had one loved it. I would have a JV3 now if it wasnt for the multi head thing especially since the JV3 heads cost almost as much as a JV33 head and you guys have 3 or 4 heads.

I have had problems with nonOEM caps and dampners there horrible they dont seal as well somtimes have a small seal problem which doing a clean will make it print and then overtime the dampner sucks a little air and now you have no color or missing half the nozzles in that channel its very stressful.

Best thing you can do is run OEM caps and dampners yes there 3 times as much but from my experience they run 3 times longer or more and you usually dont have the silly stressful problems you are having now.

Just my 2 cents (but 2 cents from experience)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Agreed - also pumps too. Only original OEM Mimaki pumps. I have had a LOT of problems with aftermarket pumps...

Gregno problem I figured you were a JV3 guy I had one loved it. I would have a JV3 now if it wasnt for the multi head thing especially since the JV3 heads cost almost as much as a JV33 head and you guys have 3 or 4 heads.

I have had problems with nonOEM caps and dampners there horrible they dont seal as well somtimes have a small seal problem which doing a clean will make it print and then overtime the dampner sucks a little air and now you have no color or missing half the nozzles in that channel its very stressful.

Best thing you can do is run OEM caps and dampners yes there 3 times as much but from my experience they run 3 times longer or more and you usually dont have the silly stressful problems you are having now.

Just my 2 cents (but 2 cents from experience)