• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Ink Fall Out

sxbelfast

Hi Guy's

I am having a problem with the ink falling off on my JV33-160. It initially started with the yellow falling off and I opened the machine completed an inspection of the damper which visually looked fine. I pulled the ink through the yellow dampers and it came back online again.

A few days later the magenta fell off, again I completed the above steps and got back up running. It seems now that both the magenta and yellow are taking it in turns to fall out. Sometimes a simple clean will bring them back online and other times we have to pull the ink through using a syringe.

I have ordered a new capping station (last replaced April 2017) I know from previous experience this could be part of the problem. I am wondering might there also be an issue with the pump (last replaced July 2015). However, the last time there was an issue with the pump you could clearly hear that it wasn't clicking properly when the machine was running. Or is there something else I am possibly missing?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cathy @ Signs Express (Belfast)

Murray

Hi Guy's

I am having a problem with the ink falling off on my JV33-160. It initially started with the yellow falling off and I opened the machine completed an inspection of the damper which visually looked fine. I pulled the ink through the yellow dampers and it came back online again.

A few days later the magenta fell off, again I completed the above steps and got back up running. It seems now that both the magenta and yellow are taking it in turns to fall out. Sometimes a simple clean will bring them back online and other times we have to pull the ink through using a syringe.

I have ordered a new capping station (last replaced April 2017) I know from previous experience this could be part of the problem. I am wondering might there also be an issue with the pump (last replaced July 2015). However, the last time there was an issue with the pump you could clearly hear that it wasn't clicking properly when the machine was running. Or is there something else I am possibly missing?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cathy @ Signs Express (Belfast)
Id try the capping station first also. I hope you purchased an oem part as I tried a 3rd party one once and to make a long story short, I was down for a week trying to find out what was wrong. Good luck!

Graphixbygraf

High on Inks
I run 3 printers Every time I have this problem I find I had damper low or empty of ink I then re filled damper and if it did it again in 1 min printing I replace damper and connector at same time fixed problem. ( Connector ... Just Because I have found one time a connector not allowing ink to flow one time and there cheep) The only other times I find / see air bubble in feed line to that ink channel.

sxbelfast

I have only ever used SS21 genuine Mimaki inks and any parts that have been replaced have also been genuine Mimaki parts.

I have only ever the replaced dampers whenever they have been damaged and never all at one go.

I am still having the same problem today whereby the yellow fell off today again I pulled the ink through the damper & the machine started working again. I have a new capping station & new pump ordered but they won’t be here until next week. I am just hoping that this is what the problem is.

Best wishes
Cathy