• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Ink Parameters

Visualrelay

Hello all,

Because of the help from this forum I was able to unlock/access the aqueous ink selection and now have my mimaki jv33 running in 8 colour under the ES3 Inkset, although I am running 8 dye sub inks through the printer.

Unfortunately I have hit another problem now, obviously because the mimaki must have different voltage/firing rates for the head for both solvent and water based inks.

Basically when I run a nozzle test, the ink is firing say about 70% lighter? Maybe because of the different viscosity of solvent to dye sub inks, this is happening?

Is there is any settings/parameters that I can change in the printer which will allow the printer to run in 8colour mode, but make the printhead Fire correctly for aqueous inks? Maybe some ink parameters I can change to be the same settings as dye sub without effecting the cartridge setup of 8 colours?

any help would be great!

Visualrelay

Hello all,

just found out that it's the slightly different head voltage from dye sub inkset to solvent inkset that causes this problem.

does anyone know how to change the head voltage firing rate?

thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm not aware of anything from Mimaki that documents this sort of an adjustment. They only provide documentation for supported configurations and inksets and even at that their documentation only tells a tech how to change the type of ink being used. Nothing I'm aware of goes into that deep of a level of adjustment for the head voltages.