• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 inksets SS21 or ES3?

Rooster

I would wrap it with those little cartoon scrubbing bubbles. Only in black instead of white, because of the charcoal.

Maybe with little mining helmets on like they just came out of the coal mine.

S

Stan B

thank you for the great post

Here is a pic of the scrubber ...

We cut-down an old server cabinet .... inserted some 1/2 MDO. Bought a motor/fan from Grainger for 200 bucks and exhuasted it out the bottom ... just above the motor is an expanded metal/screen/blue filter foam partition. We put about 50lbs of charcoal on top of that.

We got a couple dryer vents from Home Depot and they fit perfectly into the holes in the back of the Mimaki. We placed a couple of computer fans into these vents as well to help pull the fumes. We use dryer vent hose to route the fumes into the scrubber through the side towards the top. The scrubber pulls the fumes down through the charcoal and exhausts the fresh air out of the bottom.

Next is a relay so we can attach it to the Mimaki outlet and let it control when it runs. We also need to wrap it ... just haven't come up with a cool design yet.

Works great and it's a nice stand for our rip computer.

signsny

Custom Sign Fabricators NYC
Good Morning,

Kevin i need some help please.
I just bought a JV33-16O it came with rasterlink.I like your input that what rip whould i use, Raster, Onyx or Wasatch.

Second question.
I am using Ora jet product.The colors are not coming out crispy i was told to set up profiles.Do you have any?Do you sell them?How can i set it up correctly?The machine came with 3m profile only.

Please advise or head me to the right direction.

Tahir

Interesting question. I have 2 Mimakis and a Mutoh. The Mimakis are running on the ss2 inkset and the mutoh is Eco. We can hit color good all the way around with 99% of customers unable to notice the differences. We did however receive a Bid Request today that specified ECO inks. (first time for this customer to specifiy inks).

As long as the equipment and software are set up, and profiled correctly, most, if not all of your customers will not be able to notice any difference.

Good Luck,

Kevin

Artgunner

Here is a pic of the scrubber ...

We cut-down an old server cabinet .... inserted some 1/2 MDO. Bought a motor/fan from Grainger for 200 bucks and exhuasted it out the bottom ... just above the motor is an expanded metal/screen/blue filter foam partition. We put about 50lbs of charcoal on top of that.

We got a couple dryer vents from Home Depot and they fit perfectly into the holes in the back of the Mimaki. We placed a couple of computer fans into these vents as well to help pull the fumes. We use dryer vent hose to route the fumes into the scrubber through the side towards the top. The scrubber pulls the fumes down through the charcoal and exhausts the fresh air out of the bottom.

Next is a relay so we can attach it to the Mimaki outlet and let it control when it runs. We also need to wrap it ... just haven't come up with a cool design yet.

Works great and it's a nice stand for our rip computer.

Nice job! Can you post some more pics? Can you explain the relay in detail. Would love to make one. I have some fans and MDO. I have a JV33. Thanks for sharing.

Art

DigitalBBQ

Charcoal on the top of the scrubber , BBQing ?

Aquarium supplier have Active Carbon, sold in a tank of 20 lbs for about $30. These active carbon has the power to filter out the VOC. Charcoal may be cheaper but don't know the true filtering capability of it. It may look the same but certainly not the same media.

Some charcoal even has flavor element of Hickory or somthin like that HEEE-Hawww, surely the room must be smokin! Only thing left is to give customer the garlic bread along with the printouts.