• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 life span

MikeD

Anyone know how to get into JV33 service mode and have the printer tell you how many hours it's been run?
Also, any thoughts on how long well a maintained JV33 will last before showing signs of old age?

I need to come up with a plan for cycling out old printers for new ones... we recently had a head changed on a JV33 purchased back in 2007- should I have sold it after 5.5 years and put the money toward a new one? Should I keep it indefinitely and just pay for the parts only warranty every year?

Thanks for your time and insight!

WI

We've got a JV3 in our shop that's probably about ten years old and still one of the most reliable machines on the floor. In my experience, Mimakis are almost absurdly durable. Obviously, nothing lasts forever, but if you maintain the things they return the investment. We replaced a head on our JV33 a few months back and the thing has run like it's new ever since. I've printed three overnight jobs on it this week and the only reason one of them quit is because it ran out of vinyl, and that was my fault.

If it was me, I'd run it until the wheels fell off since that approach has worked really well for us so far.

Last edited:
For entering maintenance mode : press and hold function and remote button then switch on dont release until you hear beep sound,
go to information and print it will shows all history

MikeD

Thanks for the insight as well as the service mode instructions. Will power cycling get the machine out of service mode?