• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Main Board QUESTION

Vinylman

I have tested my JV33 main board.

Found TP8 was below specs.

Does anyone know exactly what the components are called that are soldered on the main board areas TP1-TP8?

They are extremely small components, and even under high magnification I can not find any markings.

ANYONE? know what these are called, and where I might get replacement parts?

Thanks and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Attachments

• TP1-TP8.jpg
    TP1-TP8.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 294

netsol

they appear to be a row of small capacitors. tp just means test point (the place where you make a measurement). neither the test point or the capacitor is the defective part that needs to be replaced.

what is the voltage at tp8? what is it supposed to be?
do you have a schematic diagram?

andy

Vinylman

Andy:
According to the test procedures outlined from Mimaki, these "capacitors"? as you refer to them do NOT carry voltage. They are to fall into a very narrow range of OHMs. 17ohms to 18ohms. no more no less OR they should be problematic.

I have not been able to locate a specific schematic. THAT would be very helpful.

Any other ideas?

netsol

my mistake

in surface mount components, it is hard t tell a resistor from a capacitor.

there are a number of places to purchase this sort of thing. digikey, newark electronics and many others.

Andy:
According to the test procedures outlined from Mimaki, these "capacitors"? as you refer to them do NOT carry voltage. They are to fall into a very narrow range of OHMs. 17ohms to 18ohms. no more no less OR they should be problematic.

I have not been able to locate a specific schematic. THAT would be very helpful.

Any other ideas?

netsol

pm me later or call me on my cell.
732 789 3576

get me up to speed on this and we can find the parts on friday. i am still a little confused