• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 MBYK Error

jkloste2

I'm gettting cartridge errors from all 8 cartridges on my JV33. We have been using non-OEM bulk inks with an emulator board for almost 5 years now, with no issues. I just had to replace the Main PCB and printhead. The new PCB is running firmware V6.10. After getting it installed, the cartridge error appeared. The emulator board I'm using requires empty cartridges to be installed in the slots, but the machine isn't reading them as being present. The software for the emulator is showing everything is working fine. I'm not sure if the updated firmware added checks for the ink cartridges or not. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jason

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Your chip emulator needs to be updated to work with the newer machine firmware. Some of them can also eventually need an updated regardless. I've had to have our Triangle one updated once. They sent me a set of disposable ink chips and had me send the device in to get updated. Was simple and easy to be honest.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your chip emulator needs to be updated to work with the newer machine firmware. Some of them can also eventually need an updated regardless. I've had to have our Triangle one updated once. They sent me a set of disposable ink chips and had me send the device in to get updated. Was simple and easy to be honest.

Sounds about right. I just had to send one of our customer's Triangle chip emulator in for a reset as well. It seems that the memory in the emulator can only hold a certain amount of codes for the ink cartridges. Once they run out, you can't reuse them.

Also, if the cartridges were in the machine when you updated the firmware, Mimaki's have been known to have a glitch that makes the cartridges unusable after updating the firmware while they are in the machine. I'm not sure if this happens on the JV33 and up models but it did happen on the JV3s.

jkloste2

Thanks gents!

I got ahold of the company for the emulator and updated the firmware. This took care of the cartridge problems.

Unfortunately, after gettting the printhead re-aligned and everything ready to go, the rinted died during the first print i ran. I got about half way through. The head ran all the way to the left side of the machine, and the machine started beeping and the panel went blank. I tried tunring off the machine via the standby button, to no avail. Then I flipped the main power switch to shut the machine down. Now, when I try to power the machine back on, the panel flashes once, and goes blank again. Nothing after that.

I think this problem is out of my hands at this point. If I can't get the machine to power on, I'll never be able to diagnose the issue. I the last two weeks, it has burned up two print heads and now two main PCBs. The only thing I can think of is dirty power, from either the wall, or the power source in the machine. Anybody???

Thanks again for the help...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Actually to me that sounds like the new mainboard was default configured for a wider machine (for example you have a JV33-130 and the board thinks it is a JV33-160) and when the head went across it essentially crashed into the left end of the machine and overloaded the motor controllers on the board.

There is a firmware parameter value that must always be verified if changing a main board. I think its mechsize or something along those lines.

Oh - and our chip thing is Triangle.... but they updated it no problem and no cost to us and even sent me a set of disposable ink chips to install before I removed the device to keep us running while the device was sent back and forth to get updated. Excellent service.

Neil

Unfortunately, after gettting the printhead re-aligned and everything ready to go, the rinted died during the first print i ran. I got about half way through.

The head ran all the way to the left side of the machine, and the machine started beeping and the panel went blank.

So, you mean it was working fine just before that?

I tried tunring off the machine via the standby button, to no avail. Then I flipped the main power switch to shut the machine down. Now, when I try to power the machine back on, the panel flashes once, and goes blank again. Nothing after that.

Does the green light on the front stay on?

I think this problem is out of my hands at this point. If I can't get the machine to power on, I'll never be able to diagnose the issue. I the last two weeks, it has burned up two print heads and now two main PCBs. The only thing I can think of is dirty power, from either the wall, or the power source in the machine. Anybody???

Thanks again for the help...

I would think something made your original printhead/ main PCB short out. Probably a bad ribbon cable or connection.
You can repair the original PCB - contact MacMedia.
The original printhead may still be okay.
The slider board may or may not be damaged.

Trouble is, you won't know what will happen till you put them back in. Could pop the PCB again (still fixable though).

If it works though, you'll have your original parameters etc. back in.

So, if possible, I would recommend you get your original PCB back and get it fixed.