• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 missing right hand magenta

Mike001

Hi folks.
My JV33 isn't printing any magenta what so ever from the right hand head. (DX5). I have done numerous 99 minute nozzle washes, hard head cleans etc.
Replace capping station and pump. Dampers are all ok. I have swapped the offending magenta damper location with the cyan that's next to it and after the cyan had being used magenta printed nicely but no cyan (in the magenta's location).
I have gently massaged the dampers "bubble" on all of the 8 dampers (with opening each valve accordingly) and all allow free flow of ink out of the head except for the offending one. I have run out of ideas on how to un-clog that one head.

I am confident that the head itself is ok, but there seems to be a blockage between the damper and head... possibly in the manifold?
Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers
Mike

Mike001

Sorry, after reading other threads I realise that I am using the original Mimaki printhead, not DX5... thought the DX5 was from Mimaki.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It is still a DX5 printhead. Epson makes the heads, not Mimaki. Both original Mimaki heads and aftermarket heads are DX5 but there is a minor difference - oem Mimaki heads have some special code on the circuit board on the head and a green connector. As far as anyone has determined the special "code" serves no purpose other than to allow the Mimaki printers firmware to tell if you are using an OEM or aftermarket head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have seen manifolds clog up after many years of use. If the damper is flowing fine and there is no air in the line that is probably the case. You can take the manifold off the head and flush it with cleaning solution. It should flow with light pressure. If it is clogged you will feel resistance at first but it will become easier as you push more solution through. Might as well do all of the channels to avoid it happening in the other colors down the road. You could just flush the head with the manifold on but you risk clogging the nozzles in the head.

Mike001

Finally managed to get the time to clean the manifold. Seemed to indeed be blocked to start with. Cleared that out no problem. Reassembled to the print head and have had to gently force fluid through the nozzle to try and clear the head itself. Have had marginal success with that. Decided to reinstall head unit so as to print off some film needed urgently. Upon power up I get: Device Construction Error 202, when I look at the message it says: Head-MEM:1 Image-MEM: 0.0kb. Any ideas on this one?

EDIT:
I get the Error 202 on every boot.
I can use the down arrow to say "HEAD OK" and then the printer starts up normally.
However when I try to do a test print I get

**** ERROR 07 ****
Head (0---)

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
One of a couple of possible problems. Either the head itself has gone bad, you have a badd connection on the cables between the head and slider board, bad connection between the main FFC cables between the slider and main board, or one of those same cables is failing from being flexed or bent to the point of getting a hard crease.

Mike001

OK, was a bad connection on one of the cables. Got that sorted.
Printed for around 15 minutes then got the message "error 07, voltage (0---)"
Get this no matter how many times I power off, unplug, leave for a while and reboot. I would pull my hair out if I could afford to lose any more!