• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 new mainboard E106578 firmware downgrade to 2.2

Visualrelay

Hello all,

has anyone had any personal experience with downgrading a new mimaki jv33 (2011 Chinese made model) using the new mainboard E106578.

I have a 2009 Japan model with the original mainboard E105997 and have successfully downgraded this to firmware 2.2

i am scared of bricking the mainboard so I thought I would post to see if anyone has done this. It's currently running firmware 5.3 on the E106578.

also, another question, is it possible on this 2011 model to simply replace the mainboard only to an older one E105997? Or will this not work? As I have a spare mainboard which I could try.

obviously doing this purely to run epson dx5 heads, not mimaki ones

thanks in advance

brightbanner

i like vivid color
If you only want use DX5 head on JV33, change some parameter is enough.
No need downgrade the firmware.

Brent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Care to elaborate? Many would like to know exactly what parameter one can change to allow the use of a non OEM DX5 print head.

If you only want use DX5 head on JV33, change some parameter is enough.
No need downgrade the firmware.

Brent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also - its hard to tell from this Mimaki document. Its looks like it "might work" but I'm not sure to be honest. I am reading this almost as if it is saying you can run anything except specifically 4.60 on the newer board. That would seem somewhat bizarre though so I'm not sure.... :help

Attachments

• fw1.jpg
    fw1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 331

jkloste2

I'm trying to use a non OEM head on the E106578-B board and not having any luck downgrading firmware. Comes back with a "command Error" and machine powers off.

Anybody?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All newer Mimaki boards prevent you from downgrading the firmware past a certain point to prevent you from doing exactly what you are trying to do. I believe it's part of their licensing agreement with Epson to not allow other Epson versions of the print head to be installed into Mimaki machines.

JDcolor

Unlocked and one time locked DX5 head which can be used with JV33 is stop produce, they are hard to buy and price is high now and future.

It is better you can use original JV33 head now.

Jack