• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 no power

Jaime Bergstrom

I just replaced the printhead in our JV33, and now it won't turn on. The screen clicks on and turns blue for a split second, then off and nothing. My guess is the PCB Board, any thoughts?

artbot

you might have a drip of ink inside one of the ports. i'd be very careful. the printer is attempting to protect itself.

Jaime Bergstrom

When you say ports, I'm assuming you mean were the ribbon cables plug into the head. I re-installed the head and the second time i double checked everything. I did notice the green power button in the front lights up so i'm worried it is a main board not the PCB.

artbot

the green light lighting up with no boot is common when you have this problem. i assume the power supply turns on, the board checks for proper voltage and if it senses an issue it turns off. i've had this with no damage. can be a drip on ink somewhere, a data ribbon upside down, etc. and yes the print head ports.