• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Not printing magenta on one complete channel

Jason_Elliott

Will run fine after a clean. Then about in the same place on this mainly red job it will start to drop out. I immediatley cancel the print and run a nozzle check and one complete channel was gone. The other channel prints and looks great.

So I changed all the dampers, all the joint valves and o-rings going into the joint valve assembly on the ink lines.

printed great for a couple of weeks no problem until today started doing the same exact thing again. Now, I wanted to change the capping assembly but Mimaki was on backorder so I was forced to wait. So today I was checking to make sure there was no air leaks or anyway for air to be introduced into the lines at the dummy cartriges of the bulk ink system.
When I pulled the cover off I noticed there were two lines for each color but right below where it comes out of the dummy cart there is a cross bar that feeds ink to either side. I can only assume this is to help balance the resovoir for the bulk ink. I checked all the o-rings and couplers and everything is tight.

I put in two cleaning carts in the magenta slots and manually pulled ink through using the ink lines right above the damper on the magenta only. I cleared all the solvent cleaning solution out and filled the system and run the same print again no problem, so I tried again and no problem.

There is no distinct problem showing up here and I am stumped, because I just know tomorrow it is going to do it again. I just want to know if I pulled that little crossmember out and just run a single ink line per dummy cart if that problem could possibly be resolved.

I am all ears here, so chime in with your thoughts.