Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JV33 Not printing magenta on one complete channel

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Jason_Elliott, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Jason_Elliott

Jason_Elliott Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Will run fine after a clean. Then about in the same place on this mainly red job it will start to drop out. I immediatley cancel the print and run a nozzle check and one complete channel was gone. The other channel prints and looks great.

So I changed all the dampers, all the joint valves and o-rings going into the joint valve assembly on the ink lines.

printed great for a couple of weeks no problem until today started doing the same exact thing again. Now, I wanted to change the capping assembly but Mimaki was on backorder so I was forced to wait. So today I was checking to make sure there was no air leaks or anyway for air to be introduced into the lines at the dummy cartriges of the bulk ink system.
    When I pulled the cover off I noticed there were two lines for each color but right below where it comes out of the dummy cart there is a cross bar that feeds ink to either side. I can only assume this is to help balance the resovoir for the bulk ink. I checked all the o-rings and couplers and everything is tight.

I put in two cleaning carts in the magenta slots and manually pulled ink through using the ink lines right above the damper on the magenta only. I cleared all the solvent cleaning solution out and filled the system and run the same print again no problem, so I tried again and no problem.

There is no distinct problem showing up here and I am stumped, because I just know tomorrow it is going to do it again. I just want to know if I pulled that little crossmember out and just run a single ink line per dummy cart if that problem could possibly be resolved.

I am all ears here, so chime in with your thoughts.

Tags:
  2. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    cap top

I vote for a new cap top, megenta is on the outside channel of that head so a bad cap will be noticed there first.
    i have then in stock
    www.solventinkjet.com