Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jv33 overspray?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by SameDay Signs, Mar 4, 2019.

1. SameDay Signs

SameDay Signs Member

Oct 20, 2010
    tiffin ohio
    I am having a black issue...nozzle print looks good and most items print well but black is a mess...below is photo of what I mean...only issue i may have is it gets to about 64* in my shop but other then that static is little and it's a clean area head is only 4 months old prob if that as well...not sure why out of nowhere last couple days its been doing this though and need to figure it out

Any help appreciated as i dont want be printing cheap images

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Tags:
  2. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Humidity too low can cause that. Has it been real cold out where you are?

3. SameDay Signs

SameDay Signs Member

Oct 20, 2010
    tiffin ohio
    yes it has been .... been around 0-10* and in shop its gotten colder then usual...any ideas how to get humidity up?

4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

A humidifier and a humidity gauge. Got these from Lowe's. It was 1 degree this morning. Humidity was 16%. I've had it on an hour and a half and we're up to 22%. We'll get ghosting until it's over 24%. If I know it's going to be that cold I'll run it overnight so I don't have to wait but on Friday it was 45 degrees. WP_20190304_11_42_16_Pro.jpg

Attached Files: