• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 owners?

petesign

Hey, I'm swapping from ES3 to SS21, and building a ventilation system for it. Could any of you who have one post a few pics of the enclosure around the prints? I want to see how Mimaki did it, and compare that to how I am thinking of making mine.

The pics online aren't exactly useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

petesign

Ok, don't laugh.... made this quick fix to see how it would work after swapping to ss21. So far, it doesn't even smell as bad as printing banners on the es3 did.. So I am happy. Not bad for less than 200 bucks in parts and coroplast.

Changing the inks out turned out to be tricky, I learned a lot about my machine. The valves on the back of the ink cartridges locked up somehow, on 5 of 8 cartridges during the flush. Had to take that whole side apart, and see why those lines were ink starved. I tried pulling ink from the dampers with a syringe, leaving them open to gravity feed, pushing solvent back through the valves and needle... none of that worked. I thought I was going to need to replace all of those valves... then we took apart the solenoid assembly on the back (on the first one at least) and manually depressed and pulled the plunger for the valve. All of a sudden ink flowed... on the rest all we had to do was remove the plastic rocker and push it in and pull it out. (In case anyone has that problem in the future.)

Attachments

• printer.jpg
    printer.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 81
  • printer-back.jpg
    printer-back.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 69

petesign

Oh, and that big streak of magenta... yeah, that's when I got the ink flowing and didnt have everything put back together..... :) I am going to leave it there as a reminder.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Heh..... nice job. If it works it works! Yeah you have to be aware that the ink train on a JV33 is not as simple as a JV3, the solenoids throw a lot of people off when they try to forcibly draw ink from down the line and get nothing.

Ours is not vented well right now. We are getting ready to move though and I'm building a small round front acrylic walled room just for the Mimaki which will be about 6' x 10' with a 8' ceiling. Actually just today I metered the fan connector on the JV33 to verify it's voltage and polarity, the fan connector puts out 24VDC negative switched. I'm going to tap that to drive a contactor (with a 24VDC coil) to automatically run a 400CFM AC exhaust fan that will be piped outside for the little room the printer will be in.

TheSnowman

I'm impressed. Mine just vents into my work room as it's printing, haven't gotten around to building an enclosure or hooking up pipes yet.

Masseria

nice job... im using aqua based inks so no vent needed but it has a smell that makes me wash my clothes like 2 times.....
cant understand why you closed the media take up device... so much smell?

Attachments

• mother-of-god-template.jpg
    mother-of-god-template.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator: