• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 paper sensor error

AnimalG82

I'm having problems getting an accurate measurement with my medias. They end up being shorter than what is loaded on the machine and won't cut right and sometimes print right as a result. I normally have a 52" roll on and I'm generally getting a size of 49.whatever. I've cleaned the sensor and made sure it is seated properly. I also adjusted the L and R Grip in the system parameters and that's given me a little more, but still not right. Anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?

The L and R Grip settings were a good thought but it possibly simpler than that; Try checking the MARGIN option under SETUP => TYPE 1 (2, 3 or 4).

Screen shot 2013-10-18 at 7.25.31 AM.png

I believe that the margin that is set is always subtracted from the measured size. Also, make sure you're still on the same "Type" that you normally use. Did someone accidentally switch from Type 1 to 2, 3 or 4 when you weren't looking?

gabagoo

I have a jv3 130 spII and sometimes it does the exact same thing. One thing I have learnt is that the media has to be pulled through at least 2 or 3" past the head and secondly sometimes the media sort of buckles on the ends making it difficult to sense. I also sometimes use a little led blue light and shine it on the edges when the head is looking at it never fails.

AnimalG82

Well I messed with the margins and was able to gain about an inch. So it went from 49.66" to 50.61" which is better obviously, but still not right when it should read around 52". The other problem is when we go to cut off a print, it doesn't cut the last inch or so because the machine isn't seeing it, so we have to do it by hand. Which isn't a big deal really, but the goon that does the majority of the printing is starting to hit the platen and I don't want unnecessary damage being done.

AnimalG82

Bumping an old thread here. The problem just one day resolved itself, turned on the printer and all of a sudden it was reading the size correctly. It had been working for the last few months, but all of a sudden yesterday its back to not reading the size correctly. Nothing was changed, not updates applied or anything like that. Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening?

gritsonis

^I don't think this will solve your issue but perhaps will help someone in the future. I recently was getting errors with my jv33 when the carriage went to read the first edge of the media. I looked in the manual and realized that my material was simply too far to the right causing an issue with the laser. Also GO HAWKS.:rock-n-roll:

AnimalG82

I know its not that, I've messed with that before. I got it a little better by adjusting where the media roll holders are, the left hand holder wasn't quite in between the lines that are marked for 3" cores.