• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33: possible to print at 360 by 360 DpI???

e.borri

This is my first post on this forum; first of all many thanks to those who posted interesting information! I have been here a couple of times searching for answers and I always found someome who already posted a similar request so I found an answer in a hurry! :) Many thanks!

My question is: as I see the JV33 can print at 360 by 360 DpI when performing some of the tests directly from the firmware, someone knows if it's possible to print a that resolution using Wasatch or any other rip???

Many thanks in advance!

Ciao
Enzo

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In Flexi 540x720 is the lowest possible resolution on the JV33. No idea why they lock out other resolutions the machine is capable of but I believe the RIP vendor has to create the setup for any machine they will support (separate from the Windows drivers provided by the machines maker). I know Flexi has a few files related to the JV33 so I guess it is up to the RIP maker to decide what features they will support on any given machine.

e.borri

Hi SL, thanks for your reply.

I was hoping there was a RIP capable to add this feature but I start thinking the main problem is in the firmware as the machine shows this resolution only in tests and not in the printing options available.

I think it can be a Mimaki marketing choice. Can you imagine what does it mean having a JV33 capable to run 4 times faster - even if at lower resolution - than the actual capacity? :)
Or maybe the quality at that resolution is so low that Mimaki thinks nobody is interested in it.

Unfortunately, there's several markets where the high resolution is not the most important and a JV33 at 360 by 360 DpI would be a very interesting machine! :)

Ok, I'll search somewhere around if there's someone who have a modified firmware; who knows? :)

Thanks again for your comments and Ciao
Enzo