• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV33 Print Head error

InstantOneMedia

We are trying to replace the print head on our JV33. When we installed the new head, we get the following error/message on the display:

HEAD:M1
IMAGE:128MB

We've installed the print heads before, and this hasn't happened. Does anyone have any ideas?

L.D

Check the head cables and I would load the original parameters if you have them.

InstantOneMedia

We think it is the correct head. Matches the one we removed. However, when we purchased the new one, we tried to buy the one, we were asked if we need the one with the memory chip. We did not get the one with the chip. When we put the old one back in, we don't get an error message. So my guess would be that we need the one with the chip? How can we tell?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes you need to have a head with the chip on it for this model. The head you bought is not an OEM head so if they told you it was, you should probably call them out on it. In most cases you can just take the memory off the old head and put it on the new one but it is possible that the head is also the wrong version of the DX5 head and still just won't work in your machine.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The head has a green connector and has a head ID sticker with the new head rank right? What firmware version? If above v4.40 you can try booting it into service mode and change
Custom parameter item 76 - change this from 0 to 47
then exit out and reboot the machine.

This is a very little known about setting. This sets the machine to bypass certain head checks. This will even allow it to use an early generic unlocked heads (and I think first gen locked heads) without errors, it will NOT however work for the later generic second and third gen locked heads without also getting one of the somewhat unreliable Chinese decoder boards. I know this parameter cannot be changed on earlier firmware versions up to at least 4.00. I know on 4.40 and higher (at least up to 6.00) it can be changed though. Not sure on 4.1, 4.2, or 4.3 as I have not tried it on those versions.

InstantOneMedia

Thank you for all of your replies. Vander, we knew we weren't buying OEM b/c the head we were replacing wasn't OEM. We ordered a new memory board which arrived before we could try SightLine's suggestion. We installed the new board and that did the trick.