• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Printhead flush methods

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

We have a handful of JV33's which as you can see from my previous post occasionally have a few weird things pop up. Thankfully for this forum much has been learnt!

Question is in relation to manually flushing a head.

Understand completely that this is frowned upon by some and ok by others. In this circumstance it is a head off a machine that we had replace in a bulk load therefore no real downside. The head was actually ok (was printing etc) but then sat for a few weeks out of the machine.

As it didn't matter I thought I would try out the manual flush as mentioned on the forum (syringe) to give cleaning it a go. 6 of the 8 channels all cleaned up and perfectly clear flush comes up.

Weird thing that happens to change 6 and 7. When you go to push flush in the number 6 it makes it to the head (you can see the flush start to drip) but under mild pressure actually shoots back up and out of the black nipple on channel 7. If you switch the flush to 7 it comes out of 6.

First thing I did was swap out the memory board/full plastics and it still does it.

The other thing I did was load a syringe to both 6 and 7 at the same time. As there is then pressure to both channels the flush comes out of the head correctly.

It seems to me that there is some sort of back pressure issue that under pressure causes it to find the easiest way out, which unfortunately is up?

Anyone has this happen or have and further ideas???

Appreciate the help in advance!

Andrew Signs

Thanks balstestrat!

If I plug the other one that may work. I still can't work out why it would happen.

Also, if that works what's stopping inks mixing when all connected back up?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well do you have two different inks running in those two channels?
If you think it's not meant like that, it could just be broken internally as well...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Whenever you flush one channel and it comes out of the other, the head is toast. The membrane that separates those channels broke so they will never properly print again. We always flush heads as a last resort for this reason but it sounds like that's what you were doing anyway.