• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33 printhead not genuine

sigmo

Check the cables again. If I was working on the machine I would put the original head and cable back in to see if it starts normally. If it does then try the old head with the new cables. This should tell you if it's head or cables. If you put the old cables and head back in and it won't start things get a little trickier. Now you need to focus on the mainboard/power supply. About all you can do is replace them to see what happens. Not cheap. As a tech I have some equipment for testing but it's never 100%. I couldn't even begin to explain how to use a scope for testing in this post. You might want to consider paying a professional. I am 98% sure the head you installed is not the cause if it really was new. Even though it is not the green connector Mimaki head it will still work. I can supply you with a known new and compatible head for $520.00 which you can return for a refund if it doesn't work. I can also supply any technical manuals and related software/documentation related to the JV33.

Regards,

David Parker
SIGMO INCORPORATED
USA
Tel: 1-503-875-5719

inksigne

This is a request for SIGMO (or any other else)

we are in Barcelona (Spain) and we have bought an "alternative" JV33 print head for a machine we have and the machine refused to accept it and the technician told us that it seems that the problem is because the print head don't come with his "head rank" label.
We have try to use the head rank of the old print head but the machine refused it.
Is not the machine because when we connect the old print head the machine recognized it and start right but when we connect again your print head it refused it.
We have put also a new electronic board we bought from another one becuase the "altenative" comes without it, but this seem not to be the real problem.
Now seem that the problem can be the firmware becuase our machine has fiormware 4.10. Is posible to have the 2.2 and the firmware download utility from anyone?
We have this utility for the JV3 we have but not for the JV33.
Can any one help us?

Best Regards
Javier Mallo

sigmo

Javier,

What is happening that won't let you install it? If it is the 202 error turn the machine off, unplug it for five minutes and then turn it back on. Maybe a couple times.

You can download the firmware update tool and firmware version 2.2 here:

http://www.sigmowiggy.com/jv33/

~David

dolfyn

Hello, I`m from Romania, and I`m using an JV33 also. I had to change the head also, and ofc, my company didn`t bought the original head but the Epson one. I had the 202 error, and downgrading the firmware from 4.0 to 1.8 one, and I didn`t get any 202 error. That was the good news for me. The bad one was this one:
The printing was screwed up! What I mean:

1. after booting the machine without errors and filling the ink, I`ve tried to do a nozzle test. the horror started: all the heads printed a full color strip overlayed, getting me in the end a full black strip. No matter what settings I`ve tried from the machine menu, the test was the same. No trace of the classical type of test no matter what.

2. I`ve tried to print something (I`m using color-rip with jv33, it came as a package, with the older jv3 I`ve used Wasatch) and all I got was the same overlayed strip from the heads, a full black puddle of ink.

I`ve seen this kind of printing on some China printers that had the main board changed. There we had set exactly the parameters for the printing heads from the MB, and the printer was ok.

It is possible here to be the same thing?
Where can I find some info on programming the printing head for the JV33?

Thanks

PS: if someone needs some auxiliary info, I can post some photos ...

macmedia

It sounds like you might have damaged the head or Main board. When you changed the head, did you disconnect the power cable (not just turning off the printer)?

If you still have the old head and some nozzles are working, you can try reconnecting and doing a test print. If you still get that swath of color ink being laid down, then your main board (or slider board) is damaged (you can get that repaired). If it prints ok (albeit missing lots of nozzles), then your new head is probably bad.

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
www.macmedia.com

dolfyn

when ever the guy from service worked the power cable was disconnect.

I`ll try some tests with the old head and see what goes ...

thanks

eyecandy

What do you mean...The green light comes on but nothing happens? Does any other lights come on...like the display of lights over the inks? What about sound for fans? anything? Does the light blink or just stay green?

eyecandy

this would be my second time replacing the head, first time was due to a head strike, this time the head is heavily clogged so i ordered a new head, he new heads are not identical, oem seems to have a green ribbon connector, the new one is black, also replaced the data cable too..after the install i turn on the printer, green button lights up but when i push the green button, nothing happens?

What do you mean...The green light comes on but nothing happens? Does any other lights come on...like the display of lights over the inks? What about sound for fans? anything? Does the light blink or just stay green?

artbot

remember just unplugging your turning off/switching on back/unplugging.... is not the full protocol. after unplugging, you have to then press the front power button four times. it will light up as it discharges the capacitors on the boards. otherwise, you machine might as well be plugged in.

(if you want to be excruciatingly safe, break off the positive/negative terminals on a surge protector and just plug the ground in with all other switches off, after discharging the capacitors. this will earth ground the printer instead of "you" being the printer's ground. i understand this is not what the service manual requests. but of course this would require an OEM factory earth grounding plug from mimaki for $250.... please disregard if you don't like the suggestion.)

artbot

remember just unplugging your turning off/switching off the rear switch/unplugging.... is not the full protocol. after unplugging, you have to then press the front power button four times. it will light up as it discharges the capacitors on the boards. otherwise, you machine might as well be plugged in.

(if you want to be excruciatingly safe, break off the positive/negative terminals on a surge protector and just plug the ground in with all other switches off, after discharging the capacitors. this will earth ground the printer instead of "you" being the printer's ground. i understand this is not what the service manual requests. but of course this would require an OEM factory earth grounding plug from mimaki for $250.... please disregard if you don't like the suggestion.)

soli99

hey man, im having this error 202 too, i installed a head that was supposed to work with my jv33, it didnt have an id on it, also it came alone, the head memory wasnt in the box, so, i installed the old one to make sure the problem wasnt the machine, and the 202 was gone. I read here that reseting the machine could fix the problem, but in my case id didn´t so i saw ur post about downgrading its firmware. I tried to do it but i got a error 74 which means check the version im trying to install, the computer shows it complete´s the instalation but the machine remains error74. I reset it and the version still the 3.0, so could u or anyone tell me how to downgrade the firmware version? ill b very thnkfull.

OS

sigmo

The firmware version I posted is off the Mimaki USA Techs website and may be incorrect for machines sold in other countries. You may need to contact you local dealer for the correct firmware. I think I am answering you question if I understood it right. You may call me if you want too.

David Parker
SIGMO INCORPORATED
USA
Tel: 1-503-875-5719