• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33 printing problem

Zambookajoe

I printed a bunch of yellow decals this morning, color wasnt perfect but it was good enough for the time the customer wanted them in , so I setup my next job some yellow logos for one of my regular customers, well they are priniting almost orange with big banding of mangenta.

tried like 20 hard cleans and now Im letting it soak for 99 minutes will go back after a quick bite, any ideas, could my yellow cartridges be empty but it didnt detect it? or didnt switch over is that possible?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Probably a bad empty flag on a cartridge. Check the one that is still showing level 1.... it probably dry as a bone.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
yep... that will force it to the full one

if it is indeed empty then do one ink fillup on the menus, then a 15 minute nozzle soak and it should be fine

If the low cartrdige is not empty then there is some other issue which you will need to diagnose....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also if the one really is empty then do not put it back in or the printer will try to switch to it again since it has the lower level. These machines try to use the cartrdige with the lowest level first.

Zambookajoe

pulled it out, did the ink fill, works like a charm, thanks for the tip, I thought it always needed 2 cartridges of each color in the machine for it to work (dont know where I got that)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nope but it's going to beep at you every 5 minutes till you put a cartrdige in the empty slot.... will work just fine though.

projectneon

yep, it should have a system where the lowest of the 2 cartridges will act as your cleaning cartridge, when it turns to the cleaning cartridge there should be a red light? when its bone dry it should be flashing red? but i have 3 cartridges bone dry in my machine now and its not causing any issues