Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JV33 Pump Question

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Andrew Signs, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Andrew Signs

Andrew Signs Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Australia
    Hi All,

Ok, so I've searched around all night trying to see if anyone has an answer to this.

One of our JV33s is running into some issues with colour drop one long run full colour prints (imagine 20m of yellow we might get a drop slightly in colour).

Print is all new parts (head, dampers, caps, lines etc).

Only this left in question was the pump/pump set up.

My question is this. When I look at our other machines the pump is configured so the sliding piece (which engages when the pump is turning over) falls in a downward direction. On this machine the pump configuration is backwards to this, so when it engages the sliding piece has to go up.

What I am questioning is firstly, why is this one backwards? Secondly will this affect the compression as the slider doesn't seem to go all the way up in the same fashion as is doesn't when going downwards.

To confirm the motor behind it is also justified to the other side to match the pump being backwards to the other printers.

Any information would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Andrew Signs

Andrew Signs Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Australia
    Sorry, too add:

I have replace the pump this morning with a back up one and confirm it holds pressure and then pumps through on a pump wash etc.

Also, I feel as if our other JV33s pumps on the other printers engage a lot more throughout printing...is there a setting for this to up it?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  3. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Mimaki pumps will go bad. The backwards thing, they are universal, so the direction doesn't matter.

Million dollar question is, what ink are you using?

4. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

LOL, Love it.