• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33/Rasterlink III/Overprint

smlaws

I am printing colored tints on clear vinyl to be applied to plexi and have stumbled on the overprint feature in Raster Link. I was just wondering if anyone can advise me on the amount of delay I should enter before the overprint is applied. I ran five squares of color with a 1 second delay. Color looks great but in the darker colors I get a pattern that looks like a media compensation problem, but only in the dark colors. With overprint off, there is no pattern. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
smlaws

smlaws

wsgraphix
Thanks for your response. I am going to mess with the media compensation and see if I can't get rid of the lines. Any other advice appreciated.
smlaws

plasticity

I use 3m 2330-10 white for lightbox printing. Settings i use are:

profile Avery 3500
overprint 2 (no delay) and passes 24

works fine for me, but its not very fast. but at least i dont have those dark lines anymore.

livoniasigns

Dont want to be a thread stealer but Ive been trying to figure out how to do this, I use flexi, Production Manager. Not sure if this is the right question or not, but where and what are the settings?

smlaws

Plasticity
Do you have to reduce total ink limits when overprinting an image. I am trying to do a backlit sign, with an image(rather dark) instead of a color tint, printing on 3M IJ3630-20/2mil translucent. The instructions for this material says not to exceed the TIL as it will cause "other performance problems"???? Does overprinting double the ink limit(270+270)?
Livoniasigns
I am new to this and have only used raster link III on the JV33. It seems not many are using this rip so maybe someone who uses Flexi will chime in.
Thanks for your responses.
smlaws

plasticity

Plasticity
Do you have to reduce total ink limits when overprinting an image. I am trying to do a backlit sign, with an image(rather dark) instead of a color tint, printing on 3M IJ3630-20/2mil translucent. The instructions for this material says not to exceed the TIL as it will cause "other performance problems"???? Does overprinting double the ink limit(270+270)?

i leave things as they are. i think there is no way to do something with in in rasterlink