• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Single Cyan Channel Dropouts

Ponto

Reaching out to Mimaki JV33 users : We're getting consistent dropouts (like half the nozzles on a single cyan channel) ---- a normal cleaning brings back the channel to full capacity but depending on the length of a print file we have encountered dropouts in mid print to at least 50% capacity. We're only encountering this on one cyan channel and all other values are firing to full capacity. We've recently changed the capping station and swapped out the offending cyan damper but the problem always returns.......any thoughts or feedback please??? JP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
First check the manifold where the damper connects to the head. If it is cracked it will cause this issue. I would change the "claw" that connects the damper to the ink line as well as the o-ring that seals the connection. If those two items don't fix the issue, it could be a number of things including broken ink line, partially clogged manifold(older heads), bad ink valve by the cartridge, or even a failing head. 90% of the time it's just an air leak around the damper/head area.

Ponto

First check the manifold where the damper connects to the head. If it is cracked it will cause this issue. I would change the "claw" that connects the damper to the ink line as well as the o-ring that seals the connection. If those two items don't fix the issue, it could be a number of things including broken ink line, partially clogged manifold(older heads), bad ink valve by the cartridge, or even a failing head. 90% of the time it's just an air leak around the damper/head area.
Understood,.... we run our Mimaki units (JV33 / CJV30) quite hard and am now wondering if there are more "robust" and reliable machines available???? JP

getcustomized

Understood,.... we run our Mimaki units (JV33 / CJV30) quite hard and am now wondering if there are more "robust" and reliable machines available???? JP

You are pretty much using the best printer out there in terms of reliability, print quality, low cost maintenance and abundance of parts. I've talked to a Mimaki tech recently and he thought the JV33 was better than any new Mimaki printer on the market now.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Agreed what he said above. The Jv 33 and Cjv 30 would have to be the best machine that mimaki have ever made for reliability and durability. If I can get them second hand I will buy them.
Simple to use simple to repair.
Its just a workhorse!!
Tekkie1

Morkel

Are you using genuine inks? Our JV33 printed flawlessly for 4 years before we ventured in to 3rd party inks, which resulted in exactly the problem you described. Among countless other issues that had me homicidal.

Ponto

Thanks for the comments,..... apparently the environmental conditions wreak havoc with the machines according to our tech support. Low humidity during the winter months up here in the north leads to static and dusty conditions in our less than ideal shop set up. We've installed a humidifier to see if that helps matters. Our timeframes also force us to run the units at high speed for the most part if that has any bearing at all?? I suppose the sour grapes mentality surfaces when the hardware lets you down but they are just machines after all. JP