• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-SPii : How to clean/flush heads to sell/ship

Mimaki Mama

I am parting out my mimaki that died last week. I want to salvage/sell the heads. How do I clean/flush them before they freeze up? I have them on a lint-free towel soak and I've been pulling ink through twice a day even over the weekend. I need to clean them and detach them ASAP. Thanks.

ALso, Once I flush them, can i sell them used as only the color they were? or will they be usable for any color? Just wondering.

Mimaki Mama

Yes it is a JV3 oops. We are buying a JV33 so I got confused.

I can't do a custody wash because the mother board is blown. No power.

4R Graphics

Best thing you can do since the printer is dead is push or pull cleaning fluid through them just like you have been doing with ink.

Pull the dampers off get a solvent safe syringe with a piece of hose on it (the hose that goes to the pumps is perfect size just cut a little piece off) fill it with flush/cleaning fluid and put the hose on the nipple of the head and slowly I repeat slowly push the flush through the head do this until it comes out clear then put the heads in a plastic tub (cut the top of a spray paint can short) and let them soak cut the plastic tub where the bottom of the head is almost to the bottom fill with flush and place head on the paint can top so that just the silver part is inside the cap. Make sure the flush only goes 1/2 to 3/4 way up the silver part of the head. Leave the head like that for a day or so then push flush through again until there is no color thats the best you can do. You can always leave them soaking in the paint can top and push a little flush every couple of days until you sell them. when you sell them fill with flush and wrap them up in siran wrap to ship. I have a friend who has a JV3 pm me with a price for the heads and I will let him know if hes interested.

I have a JV33 and love it (use to own my friends JV3)

Mimaki Mama

THANK YOU for answering. I was worried no one would let me know how to do this.

I also have a LOT of opened triangle 20/20 ink. I will PM you with info and prices in case your friend is interested. (We have to sign an OEM ink contract with the new machine).

genericname

when you sell them fill with flush and wrap them up in siran wrap to ship

This is the only problem I have with your whole process. Any remnant of solvent cleaning fluid from the head can melt plastics wraps. I'd either place them back in the OEM clamshell, or stick both ends into foam blocks, leaving the nozzles free floating, not touching anything. Box them from there, and you're good to go.

Mimaki Mama

I've shipped them with a dampened lint free cloth then saran wrap and a small rubber band around the perimeter/circumference of the head before. This was to have them reclaimed and they were fine. On the VERY short term I think it is a viable solution.