• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Sponge

MikeD

If you are referring to the "spit pad," it isn't anything special and should last the life of the machine. I have had them pop out somehow, but just stuck them right back in place without issue. Mine are all crusty and black with plasticized ink all over them and the printer still works and cleans fine. If yours is gone, and the vendor charges an exorbitant amount, maybe you could cut a small piece of sponge the same dimension and stick it in there.
Good luck!

thewood

If you are referring to the "spit pad," it isn't anything special and should last the life of the machine. I have had them pop out somehow, but just stuck them right back in place without issue. Mine are all crusty and black with plasticized ink all over them and the printer still works and cleans fine. If yours is gone, and the vendor charges an exorbitant amount, maybe you could cut a small piece of sponge the same dimension and stick it in there.
Good luck!

Yes, I am referring to the spit pad. After a year or so of printing, there was a heavy buildup of gummy ink on the sponge that was transferring onto the bottom of the carriage and making its way onto the prints. I removed the sponge and cleaned it--it is working fine now. However, I did order a replacement to keep in stock.