• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33, SS21 Ink, 3m 3290 banding

Langford

The title says it all.. our shop uses 3m 3290 vinyl for printing reflective signs of all types. I have been looking for about 2 hours for ANY profile that might work with this printer for the 3290, and I've found nothing.

I know.. it's not an IJ compatible vinyl, but we printed on it just fine with our MUTOH squiddy... idk I've tried every profile I can find that just 'might' work... including using avery profiles.

At first we thought it was a feed compensation issue, and slowly changed it from -60 to 60... nadda. no change, so I figure it's a profile issue, since the ink goes down nice enough at the heat it's at.

any thoughts on this? might have to just deal with the bandiness if there's no solution.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On our JV3 I've never had to do much different but on our JV33 I have to bump it up to 12 pass 540x1080 instead of 6 pass to really get rid of banding on reflective. Even at that it's sometimes apparent on certain colors.

Langford

Thanks for your input man :)

I sorta fixed it..
still using hexis v350 profile for the reflect, but I cranked it to 24 pass. I think we will have to reserve that for prints that require top quality on reflect. Otherwise the banding isnt so bad that we cant output.

seriously loving this mimaki. the prints come out perfect on 1005SC and MPI3100 :wink:

iceman64

You can also try to raise the temperatures by 5 degrees, because reflective materials are somewhat thicker.

succes

Langford

yeah, we had started at 33 degrees.. moved to our old setting on our old printer which is more like 42.. which ended up being a little high, could see dark areas show up in the print (feed-wise). So we're at a middle ground right now of about 38 pre and print, and 50 dry.

thx for the tip, I'll play with the heat a bit more.

iceman64

If the temperature changing doesn't take away the problem, there are a few more options

1: increase the number of passes
2: uni-directional instead of bi-directional
3: check-off the FAST-PRINT in the RIP

Succes

iceman64

I'm printing reflective on my JV33 at 50 degrees pre-print and 50 degrees print temperature (Celsius).
12 pass, uni-directional, fast print ON.

No banding what so ever, and dry.

Robert M

SS21 inks

I have several sets of 440 ml cartridges I need to move out. Mimaki brand SS21 inks, CMYK only. I am a Mimaki dealer and I need to move them as they have a Feb & March 2011 expiration dates.
$85.00 each, buy 4 or more and I'll pay ground shipping in the lower 48 states.
Call for details
800-328-1306
ship out of Denver