• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 stops mid print

Murray

My JV33 stops printing as if its finished the print but it isnt :(
It parks the carriage and just sits there sometimes at 20% of the print sometimes at 80% and it seems to happen at random, many prints finishing correctly. Once it has stopped and i re-send the same file it seems to print correctly every time which is nice of course but frustrating. Im using the latest version of Flexi and Im stumped, any help at all will be very much appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Your computer has multiple USB ports and internally probably 2 to 4 USB controllers. Try connecting the Mimaki to a different USB port. It might be on the same USB controller as another device like your mouse, keyboard, external drive, or something that is once in a while interfering. Also make sure it is plugged into a rear USB port and not a front one. The front USB ports are often lower power. Also could be the USB cable itself. Other possibilities - computer not fast enough, hard drive running out of space, hard drive not fast enough, something in Windows kicking in once in a while could also slow hard drive access down like indexing or virus scanner or something. Might need to delete old jobs out of Production Manager and clear its logs - too much real old jobs in there can start to bog things down. Lastly it could possibly be a problem with the printer itself but in my opinion that is the least likely.

97GTB

Another thing too check is the power/sleep settings for windows, a lot now are defaulted to
turn the hard drive off after 20min, once that happens data stream stops. Have seen this
quiet a few times now.

Murray

printer stops md print

Your computer has multiple USB ports and internally probably 2 to 4 USB controllers. Try connecting the Mimaki to a different USB port. It might be on the same USB controller as another device like your mouse, keyboard, external drive, or something that is once in a while interfering. Also make sure it is plugged into a rear USB port and not a front one. The front USB ports are often lower power. Also could be the USB cable itself. Other possibilities - computer not fast enough, hard drive running out of space, hard drive not fast enough, something in Windows kicking in once in a while could also slow hard drive access down like indexing or virus scanner or something. Might need to delete old jobs out of Production Manager and clear its logs - too much real old jobs in there can start to bog things down. Lastly it could possibly be a problem with the printer itself but in my opinion that is the least likely.

Thank you for the suggestions, I am plugged into the front usb port, Ill try moving it and if that dosent work, ill try a new usb cable.... I dont think im running out of space, speed or power but Ill look at those also if all else fails... thank you kindly for taking the time to reply!

Murray

Printer stops mid print

Another thing too check is the power/sleep settings for windows, a lot now are defaulted to
turn the hard drive off after 20min, once that happens data stream stops. Have seen this
quiet a few times now.

Thank you for the suggestion.... totally makes sense. Im not sure it is responsible but I will keep my eye on the timing of these annoying interruptions.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!