• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Used Main Board replacement

Stripeman

Hi Guys, I have a real head scratcher. I purchased a used Mimaki JV33-130 that needed a main board. It was a good enough price for something to tinker with. Anyway, I found a great price on a used mainboard and bought it too. I put the board in, booted up (without errors) and noticed it booted as a JV33-160. It doesn't seem to read the paper edge at the far end, but passes an encoder test perfectly. After looking around in the parameters I found the serial number from the original machine that it came out of, and I think this number is what specifies 130 or 160 model. Maintenance manual says it cant be changed once the number is put in, but I know its just stored somewhere in memory. Anyone know how to flash the board to erase this? Is this even my problem?:banghead:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Its a parameter you can change when it is in service mode. Cannot say what parameter it is offhand- at home now... Download the jv33 bible in the mimaki section. The machine type can be changed....

lulok07

When you turn on the machine you need hold left and right buttons together to reach parameter menu. Look for parameter ''41 model'' and try change to other number.

moris

Hi Guys, I have a real head scratcher. I purchased a used Mimaki JV33-130 that needed a main board. It was a good enough price for something to tinker with. Anyway, I found a great price on a used mainboard and bought it too. I put the board in, booted up (without errors) and noticed it booted as a JV33-160. It doesn't seem to read the paper edge at the far end, but passes an encoder test perfectly. After looking around in the parameters I found the serial number from the original machine that it came out of, and I think this number is what specifies 130 or 160 model. Maintenance manual says it cant be changed once the number is put in, but I know its just stored somewhere in memory. Anyone know how to flash the board to erase this? Is this even my problem?:banghead:
Hello,
do resolve this problem or not yet?
if not contact me i'll resolve it.
NICE DAY

Stripeman

changed parameter

Hello,
do resolve this problem or not yet?
if not contact me i'll resolve it.
NICE DAY

I changed the parameter to 3 for model, but it still boots as 160 machine. Also, now it only shows 4 cartridges on the led instead of 8

Robert M

Jv33

Call Mimaki, they keep track of each printers parameters and with a serial number they can provide them to you.