• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 with Rasterlink Not ripping correctly?

supergecko28

I am mid-wrap at the moment, wrapping a 98 inch tall by 250 in long box truck, and for some VERY odd reason, the second side didnt come out with the inch overlap between panels that I ripped it with. I double checked my ripped file after the wrapper told me there was no overlap, and sure enough it says there is an inch over-lap in the panels...I made sure he hadnt accidently cut off too much when trimming down the panels (he's probably the best wrapper in the state, so I highly doubted that anyway), made sure that there was indeed no overlap, and I'm completly stumped. I'm starting to agree with everyone that rasterlink is crap, even tho I had secretly kinda liked it up untill now. But it seems that lately everything I do gets smacked with murpheys law. Its actually part 2 of murpheys law, anything that can go wrong will go wrong when its my finger on the send button... I never have this sorta problems out of flexi...

Has anyone else EVER had a file not print as its ripped? How is this even possible...please clue me in cuz i'm stumped and I have another half of a truck to wrap, and I'd love for it to have over-lap...but i'm kinda scared to try it under the circumstances (IJ 180 is expensive...)

-Chad

p.s. The print IS savable, but i'm going to have to go in and crop out an overlap that he's going to have to manually install....time on my part, time on his part...and neither of us are very happy about that...

Rooster

That sounds strange. Is there NO overlap or just too small?

Did you account for the .6" margins on either side of the panels?

Rasterlink seemed like a pretty good RIP when I used it. Too bad they want so fricken much to upgrade it to be able to use custom icc profiles.

scallahan

I have had this happen in Flexi occasionally. Seems to happen when I have not re-booted the computer for awhile.

supergecko28

there seems to be no overlap at all. granted we have to nip the edge off the print when we cut it down, but we add bleed room around the edges for that, and i'v checked and made sure he didnt cut off an inch and an 1/8th of each panel haha.

Just a random occurance I suppose, life happens sometimes I suppose, I just wish I could convince my boss that computers glitch some time, she seems dead set that I'm just an idiot lol.