• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33160 usb unresponsive

Geo806

Hey everyone,
So my usb is not linking to any computer, ppl have said it could be the main board. I saw a thread on here that someone had the same issues amd he found a fix (not being the motherboard) i have posted on the thread and msged the guy directly no response yet i was jw if anyone has had this issue and what you did to fix it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you install the latest Mimaki USB Driver? When you plug the printer in to the computer does it make a sound and have a little balloon pop up in the bottom right corner saying it is looking for a driver?

Geo806

Driver is in, no bubble or sounds which is what the issue is. Everything on the machine seems to be working fine other then that.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's the main board then. You are going to need to find someone who can diagnose and fix it or replace the board. Unfortunately I do not have anyone to recommend at this time.

Geo806

Ok thanks. I hope the other person chimes im, had te same issues but mother board didn't fix the issue. He said it was something else.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Always, just to be sure, try plugging it into another computer first before you try changing the mainboard in the printer. Also try plugging into a different USB port (most computers actually have two or three different USB chips and a different port can sometimes get things going). Of course it also helps to rule out the cable as well before resorting to more expensive things.

Geo806

Yes tried 3 different laptops all usb ports on laptops, 3 diffrent cables one to which is on another working printer.

eesanopi

Yes tried 3 different laptops all usb ports on laptops, 3 diffrent cables one to which is on another working printer.

Sorry to hear about your problem, pretty sure is the mainboard, a last review you can do is check the physical condition of the USB connector in mainboard, pluging and unplugin USB cable can damage the connector, this happens to me once.