• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV34-260 - Took this machine in a joint venture - basic tech question

MarkH42

We are a graphics company that recently took over some machinery from a company who was getting out of the business. One of the machines is a Mimaki JV34-260. We moved it yesterday and when we plugged it in, it powered up and is on. The other company, who lately hasn't had anyone on staff who knew anything about the machine, apparently left it on 24/7 - heaters and everything. We had a JV3 before we went to the HP Latex printers and we would turn off the power on the front of the machine and it would still do its cleaning cycles. The JV34 is on and I want to be sure before I turn it off that it will still do the cleaning cycles. Owning a beast like this is a little scary with so little knowledge of what we are doing. We need to learn fast! So, can I turn it off?? Anyone out there with any experience with this monster?

MarkH42

Awesome, thanks! I've never been much of a read-the-manual guy, and reading Japanese translations into English are especially painful. But the stakes are high and I guess I'll get an extra cup of coffee and start reading.