• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3SP-160 Vertical banding issues

Thomga

I am looking for a little help with this issue.
I am printing a wrap for a van in green and I am having issues with banding going vertical on my panels.
The banding is not obvious up close but when I step back what I see is a watermelon effect. its weird because cleaning is performed weekly and sometimes more often than that. recently replaced the docking station and head #2, printing with six color cmykLcLm, replaced dampers. It doesn't matter what profile I use, the banding is always present. I have attached a photo, though it is difficult to see, of a green panel with banding.
Any direction on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• green print.jpg
    green print.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 133

J Hill Designs

if it's along the material-movement axis, then I believe so (as opposed to the head-movement axis) -- if it's along the head axis, could be media feed comp.

Kev41

Temperture settings for that particular media could be too high, check to see iff the banding matches with the grit rollers & spaces

Kev

mimakitech24

Temperture settings for that particular media could be too high, check to see iff the banding matches with the grit rollers & spaces

Kev

great reply...i would agree...ink could be running and mixing inconsistently with the wrong heat...

Thomga

thanks for the feedback, I will try the heat settings.
I have been printing on orajet 3641 but the wrap was on MacTac bubble free cast.
I am using third party inks (Lyson) and have had no real problems.

:)

WrapperX

We had an issue with this as well - mostly with blues as a matter of fact - and we tweeked/persoanlized our heat settings away from the "factory settings" of the profiles we have and it helped alot. Theres still some horizontal banding on our blues in particular but we no longer see the vertical banding.

Rooster

We had an issue with this as well - mostly with blues as a matter of fact - and we tweeked/persoanlized our heat settings away from the "factory settings" of the profiles we have and it helped alot. Theres still some horizontal banding on our blues in particular but we no longer see the vertical banding.

Did you find improvement with more heat or less?

WrapperX

I wanna say it was less heat - we generally run the printer at a pre heat of 35c and a print heat of 30c for our adhesive vinyls. Even less for our Banners. I think the factory settings were set to 45 pre and 40 print.