• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv400

toodark

Does it print LM and LC? I have seen ads where it states it does and then other where it only list CMYK and W. Whats up?

toodark

I finally got a chance to see this machine run. Dealer was very negative about white ink. Then I about passed out when they came out with th $31,000.00 price tag!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Straight from the link you just posted.

"Eight ink cartridges can be installed. One of ink color configuration is chosen at the time of introduction. Two major color configurations
5-color mode (CMYK + white): White ink print feature. 4-color mode(CCMMYYKK): Higher productivity purpose for large sized print such like billboards."

Straight from Mimaki Japan (head office, R&D and manufacturing) website.
4 Colour CMYK.
http://www.mimaki.co.jp/jv400/english/lx.php

If you know the reputation of Mimaki's as being very well regarded as one of the most well built, reliable workhorses made that would answer your question. People are still running 10+ years old JV3 machines every day with little to no issues. Parts are widely available, and if something does go awry, it's generally pretty easy to fix and there is gobs of help out there to help. Similar to our own business philosiphy. We might not be the cheapest shop in town to go to, but that is for a reason. You get what you pay for, and our customers continue to come back to us even after trying some of the cheaper options....

That being said, there is still a lot of question on Mimaki's entry into the latex arena. Time will tell how well the head lasts and what the ultimate real market price will end up bing to replace it if it does go on you. So far it soudns as though it might just be too expensive. While HP's heads are cheap, when you have to replace them several times over every years is it really cheaper in the long run? Time will tell, I'm still holding off on latex myself. I'd like to see how things shake out once a afew brands get machines on the market for a while. Solvent is still very very far from dead.

May I ask why this Model?

Just curious

moggle

Straight from the link you just posted.

"Eight ink cartridges can be installed. One of ink color configuration is chosen at the time of introduction. Two major color configurations
5-color mode (CMYK + white): White ink print feature. 4-color mode(CCMMYYKK): Higher productivity purpose for large sized print such like billboards."

If you know the reputation of Mimaki's as being very well regarded as one of the most well built, reliable workhorses made that would answer your question. People are still running 10+ years old JV3 machines every day with little to no issues. Parts are widely available, and if something does go awry, it's generally pretty easy to fix and there is gobs of help out there to help. Similar to our own business philosiphy. We might not be the cheapest shop in town to go to, but that is for a reason. You get what you pay for, and our customers continue to come back to us even after trying some of the cheaper options....

That being said, there is still a lot of question on Mimaki's entry into the latex arena. Time will tell how well the head lasts and what the ultimate real market price will end up bing to replace it if it does go on you. So far it soudns as though it might just be too expensive. While HP's heads are cheap, when you have to replace them several times over every years is it really cheaper in the long run? Time will tell, I'm still holding off on latex myself. I'd like to see how things shake out once a afew brands get machines on the market for a while. Solvent is still very very far from dead.

Apologies, forgot about white. Yes white is still available, no issues there. Except speed.

I love Mimaki machinery they make excellent production machines, I hope the JV400 works out to be really good. but from what I have personally seen so far I am having my doubts.

4 Colour printing at that price tag simply wont sit in the market well, even if LC LM don't add much quality people have a perception that going from a 6 colour back to a 4 colour + W is a step back.

Speed is a major concern, especially with White.

This new printer is a step forward with the latex ink, but unfortunately a step back in speed, gamut, quality and certain media are having issues printing well.