• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV5 capping doesn't go down enough

Robert72

Sometimes (not always) when I try to start printing, the capping station doesn't come down enough to let the printhead plate pass to the printing zone, so it hits the NCU chassis and stop with an error.

Anyone know what can be damaged? could it be the capping sensor?

Thanks
Robert.

Robert72

No it's not that thing. Thanks Bmw.

I think is a problem with the NCU/DropBOX height adjustment. That adjustment is into the Capping Adjustment in Maintenance Mode. The machine does it automatically and I cannot set the height manually.

Sometimes the head plate strikes and sometimes works. I'm trying to find if there's any encoder to read the NCU actual height position, but I've not seen it.

Please, if there's any JV5 guru here tell me where to look for, as this is desperating.

Thanks again,
Robert.

Robert72

Solved

Ok, i finally discovered that the camshaft wich rotates to compensate the head height was loose and it was not working, so the poor machine couldn't know the head height. So the capping position (relative to the head height) was wrong.

Now it works flawesly!!! :clapping: