• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV5 Issues after tech visit

martin_lemon

Hi guys

Few days ago while printing 5,5x1.6 block of black with some grey swirls suddenly all the black nozzles stooped firing - I have checked the tubes and couldn't see black ink being delivered neither to the pumps or caps at this stage we have booked a tech visit - after few minutes he said that we have cracked head at which stage I have showed him daily nozzle check printouts and suggested checking log for jam's - I know the machine well and I'm the only one to use it - his diagnosis quickly shifted to some faulty valves ? after which he started changing capping stations ??? any way leaving in a rush taking all the test print with him he said the machine is now fine...(I haven't signed of his job sheet) Straight away I have noticed that the machine is running much faster than usual laying huge amounts of ink at really low res...at this stage he was gone as my manager let him go saying he has done his job and now I need to fine tune the machine...

Now it looks like he either increased the ink flow (if possible?) or the machine is stuck in draft mode - changing it to different modes doesn't result in anything and display is cheating saying it prints at 720x1080 12 pas when it's actually doing 4 pases at 540dpi, I have also tried switching priority to host and back and also to panel only - no result - I have rang them today describing the problems someone has gone through priorities and print modes with me over the phone - with no result just to suggest that I have either doggy software or corrupted profiles (Rasterlink).

At this stage I would appreciate any input to help me resolve that issue...

Thanks
Martin

Vinylman

Initially it sound like your "Tech" was nothing but a parts swapper.

I would "ring up" the company that sent this guy out, and DEMAND a return visit by another QUALIFIED Tech. And let them know you will report them to authorities for failure to properly service if they fail to help you fix this situation.

Withholding payment till you are fully satisfied is another option.

Keep in mind that talking calmly and understandingly will go miles in getting the service company to help you resolve this matter. But be firm in your demand for quality service and good finished results.