• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV5 what's your thoughts?

KR3signguy

Dude, why switch, your Avatar says it all!

Good point but the cricut is beyond what our customers demand & we're trying to give them a product that will only suit their needs. Not exceed them.

I'm not curious to know about any other printers other than the JV5's ability to perform at this point. I'm aware of what's out there.
I just need to know if all the bugs are worked out of them & if they're dependable.

eforer

I keep hearing that they are largely sorted and that the new updates more or less have got them running well. The biggest issue was the print speed was so high that nothing dried correctly. I feel its awkwardly positioned inbetween a really heavy duty production machine like a big HP or Vutek and the smaller machines.

KR3signguy

Thanks,
I'm concerned with them running smooth now as opposed to the previous issues when they first came out.

Any other opinions?

eforer

They are popping up cheap and I've thought about getting one, but my previous experiences have me a little scared of it. I'm so used to dealing with my small arsenal of JV3's and epson 10k heads that the adjustment curve might also be too much of a turn off. I'm really thinking of the new Seiko 110s, big, fast (relatively) and really nice looking output. Hopefully it will have some of my beefs with the old colorpainters resolved.

ScotJ

I bought one about 2 or 3 months ago. Love the thing - fast as hell, and the quality is quite good. My only greivance is the uptake system which is a complete POS. But once you get use to it you'll have no big problems - just make sure not to put the tension on too tight.

In terms of quality - I can't stress enough how important it is to calibrate your drop. pos. for each media type and head height.

gurvich

We have JV5 and I have mixed feelings about it.
Drying problem is very problematic, because you have to apply external drying which consumes lots electricity. Also takeup system is very problematic, we have to modify it by ourselves to make ti work better. Speed + quality is good, but drying and takeup system sucks...

costeastefan

We have JV5 and I have mixed feelings about it.
Drying problem is very problematic, because you have to apply external drying which consumes lots electricity. Also takeup system is very problematic, we have to modify it by ourselves to make ti work better. Speed + quality is good, but drying and takeup system sucks...

How do you modify the takeup? We have the same problem.
Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The JV5's fastest speed is 624 sq.ft/hr and requires 4 print heads priced around $2400 each and 32 dampers.

The Mutoh ValueJet 1324's fastest speed is 565 sq.ft/hr and only uses one (newer generation) print head ($2800) and 4 dampers.

You can get a brand new ValueJet with a warranty for close to what you will pay for a used JV5 with similar output.