• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JVV vs SS21

Plopez210

wanted to get some reviews n comparisons on the ink,
im currently running es3 after collecting many profiles
i think about done with them as many other users have done, what do yall recommend?

Mike001

I use SS21 inks.
They won't scratch off PVC just by looking at it.....
I get a lot of work because of that.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
ES3 like many "eco/lite" solvent inks has very very low odor compared for strong solvent inks. That is one thing you will need to consider. I know a lot of shops run JVV though, including us. We have pretty much run it in our JV33 since we got it a few years ago and ran Triangles full solvent ink in our old JV3 prior to that. Works great for us. Better color, better durability, much better price. That being said, we do have an i1 and create all of our own profiles which helps greatly. This of course helps no matter what ink you use though.

thewood

ES3 like many "eco/lite" solvent inks has very very low odor compared for strong solvent inks. That is one thing you will need to consider. I know a lot of shops run JVV though, including us. We have pretty much run it in our JV33 since we got it a few years ago and ran Triangles full solvent ink in our old JV3 prior to that. Works great for us. Better color, better durability, much better price. That being said, we do have an i1 and create all of our own profiles which helps greatly. This of course helps no matter what ink you use though.

I just want to echo what SightLine said. We've used Triangle inks for around ten years (JVS series on our JV3 and now JVV series on our JV33). They are superior to Mimaki OEM inks.

On a related note, when SightLine talks about Mimaki printers I listen. He know his stuff.

Robert Gruner

Plopez,

Every mfg will argue that their OEM inks have been formulated for best performance on their printers. In addition, every mfg will price their OEM ink to exact high margins.

Triangle (INX) manufactures third party ink to equal and/or perform better in some cases than OEM ink. You will save considerable $$$'s printing with JVV inks; and, you will be quite pleased with their performance.

Bob Gruner

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert M

Bordeaux inks

You may want to have a look at Bordeaux inks. They are very close to OEM inks in color and have equal scratch resistance to the SS21.
Bordeaux will soon be offering a 2 for 1 offer to printer owners who switch to their inks.

Letterbox Mike

We've been using Triangle JVV in our JV33 for a few years now, it's pretty good, although honestly I didn't really see any noticeable increase in durability or gamut over OEM. It is significantly less expensive though. We just switched to Nazdar/Lyson this week because we were having some difficulty getting the Triangle locally, most of our local vendors didn't have it in stock and it was often a few day+ wait to get it in. We always try to keep it in stock but sometimes you get into a pinch and it's nice to have a dealer within one day that has it in stock all the time. Availability was the only reason for us switching away from Triangle, otherwise we'd keep using it, so just check dealers in your area to make sure it'll always be on hand before pulling the trigger.

Plopez210

I think yall have me sold on the JVV ink
since im using Rasterlink at the moment ill need to consider a new rip. I love and used Onyx in the past but looking at Flexi what do you guys think?

AnimalG82

Reading this has sparked my curiosity about the Triangle inks. I've always used oem inks and lately I have been tired of the paying the price for them. I briefly looked at the Triangle stuff and am wondering if I need to do anything different. Can I just buy the cartridges and slap them in and go about my way? Is my rip (onyx) okay with these inks?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You can use Rasterlink, Onyx, Flexi or any RIP you like. Triangle JVV inks are supposed to work okay with SS21 profiles as far as I know - at least they are supposed to be chemically compatible and color matched to OEM SS21 inks. That being said - the biggest complaint I've seen on any aftermarket inks is they might tend to clog easier. I don't think the JVV ink does myself but I do think the JVV ink is more aggressive and a higher solvent ink than SS21. As such I personally think most aftermarket inks are better suited for higher volume shops (using more than a couple of full sets of cartridges a month). The JVV inks are strong, you will definitely want to have good ventilation. We actually have a small custom room just for our JV33 with a 500CFM exhaust blower for the room that runs when the printer is printing. We are using Triangles big EcoBulk system - the JVV ink we gets comes in 2 liter box for each color.

Side note for the exhaust - the fans on the JV33 are 24vdc, you can simply tie into the 24vdc line for the fans that come on when the printer is printing. Take that wire and route it outside the printer and connect it to a 24vdc relay (contactor) capable of switching a 120v ac load. Use that to automagically switch your external exhaust fans on and off. :smile:

AnimalG82

I think I will try the Triangle inks, I doubt any issues will come up. At least it doesn't sound like any should. I have my printers tented off with plenty of ventilation, so that won't be an issue either.