• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

K puddling

kingfish7

P1010047.jpg Hi :signs101:we have a outdoor JR ,just change the capping ststion about 3 weeks ago everything was great. Then my black started to pour out in big puddles then stop printing , Ive can pull black ink though the cap and it well print fine for about 30 min. then the same thing , Ive change the K cartrige and the same thing happen! could this be the damper ? PLEASE HELP

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

material lifting to cause head to brush against it, or scrim banner threads on head hanging down

and yes, the 30min then prints poor would prob be a damper issue

sfr table hockey

Once and a while I will get a drop of ink on that side of a print as the heads start their return back to the right side. For small drops it can be a fuzz or hair collecting ink untill that change of direction of the heads cause the build up ink on the fuzz to drop off. The drop off can happen anywhere on the print as well.

Now for that much ink dropping out on your left side might be the damper not sealing on the head. If you were to remove a damper while the heads were over your print I think you would see the ink run out of that head due to the vaccume no longer being there. So if whats happening is the movement of the head carriage on its way back to the right is enough of a force to have the damper move a bit and let air in for a split second it might cause that larger dropout.

The other thing I have heard is a head that was leaking (inside the head)and the ink would pool inside the head and when the change of direction was made the ink would run out of the head ( from the side ) and drop out.

Going back to what jhilldesigns said about after 30 min the test print is bad and being the damper sounds right as if there is a leak in the damper, as the heads are parked that head will drain out just sitting over the cap tops.

henryp

Looks like damaged head to me, that much ink dropping could mean sealing membrane is broken so ink is leaking through the sides of the head.