• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kar Wraps

Westlandent

Hello and tia for your patience with my "newbieness" -

I run a HP 25500 with a Caldera rip and we are designing graphics for our shops delivery vans. At this point we don't think we are going to invest in the "wrap" software (is it still in the 4 figure price range?).

My main question is should I be buying and using "wrap" Materials for this or just using clear outdoor adhesive material? Any help or links to good info here are much appreciated, thanks!

Mosh

You need to use wrap materials or you are ging to have fun installing this. Figure a few hundred in materials per van.

ucmj22

what is this "Wrap Software" and where can i get it!?

It depends on if you are doing full coverage, or just decals. regardless you should probably use a wrap material, Oracal, 3M, Avery, Arlon will do.

Westlandent

This is why I'm here - thanks!
Wrap Software - it was my understanding that there is software available that has templates for most/all current model cars in it, but it's pretty pricey. Am I dreaming lol?

Probably won't be doing full coverage, thinking I would need the software for that?

Thanks very much!

Westlandent

I know you're going to love this...

Midsize commercial printshop - doing our own wide format here and there mostly for customer fulfillment, ie as one part of larger print based projects, wanting to do our own vans.

I haven't been all excited about doing vehicles or vehicle wraps, though seeing some of the faux custom paint treatments people are doing now got me more interested. Our vans are pretty boxy white straightforward delivery vans, so a good place to start/learn I'm guessing.

Thanks again -

ucmj22

I know you're going to love this...

Midsize commercial printshop - doing our own wide format here and there mostly for customer fulfillment, ie as one part of larger print based projects, wanting to do our own vans.

I haven't been all excited about doing vehicles or vehicle wraps, though seeing some of the faux custom paint treatments people are doing now got me more interested. Our vans are pretty boxy white straightforward delivery vans, so a good place to start/learn I'm guessing.

Thanks again -

should be easy enough with box vans. take a side picture as straight as you can with some key measurements, and make your own template in Illustrator, or corel.