Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kar Wraps

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Westlandent, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Westlandent

Westlandent New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Hello and tia for your patience with my "newbieness" -

I run a HP 25500 with a Caldera rip and we are designing graphics for our shops delivery vans. At this point we don't think we are going to invest in the "wrap" software (is it still in the 4 figure price range?).

My main question is should I be buying and using "wrap" Materials for this or just using clear outdoor adhesive material? Any help or links to good info here are much appreciated, thanks!

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    You need to use wrap materials or you are ging to have fun installing this. Figure a few hundred in materials per van.

3. ucmj22

ucmj22 Very Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    what is this "Wrap Software" and where can i get it!?

It depends on if you are doing full coverage, or just decals. regardless you should probably use a wrap material, Oracal, 3M, Avery, Arlon will do.

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    You know, Windows Paint.

5. Westlandent

Westlandent New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    This is why I'm here - thanks!
    Wrap Software - it was my understanding that there is software available that has templates for most/all current model cars in it, but it's pretty pricey. Am I dreaming lol?

Probably won't be doing full coverage, thinking I would need the software for that?

Thanks very much!

6. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Are you a sign shop or some other business trying to wrap your own vans??

:popcorn:

7. Westlandent

Westlandent New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I know you're going to love this...

Midsize commercial printshop - doing our own wide format here and there mostly for customer fulfillment, ie as one part of larger print based projects, wanting to do our own vans.

I haven't been all excited about doing vehicles or vehicle wraps, though seeing some of the faux custom paint treatments people are doing now got me more interested. Our vans are pretty boxy white straightforward delivery vans, so a good place to start/learn I'm guessing.

Thanks again -

8. ucmj22

ucmj22 Very Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    should be easy enough with box vans. take a side picture as straight as you can with some key measurements, and make your own template in Illustrator, or corel.