• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

KCMY not original in VJ-1304

graceman

I know this is quite common issue and using search function proves that but let me explain...

Some time ago i bought this machine for parts from a guy who knew nothing about history of the machine. He let it stand for months, to completely dry out. 2 weeks ago a decided to bring this machine to life and while anything else now seem to work i can't go across this KCMY issue. None of the smard cards (ES Ultra, MSU, UMS - 220 ml or 440 ml) work, none of the connectors seem to be loose, none of ink chip terminals are bent or dirty. Using MSA tool in its diagnostics area shows nothing but „NG“ in ink ID format for all colors (i know that „OK“ should be there instead).
I still refuse to believe that it is a mainboard issue because cartridge id sensors are working correct (cart in/out) and cart id + chip id sensors are on the same cable harness connected to the junction board using shared connector.

Any idea from any of you please?

SignosaurusRex

Assuming that you replaced the print head.... Are all ink carts new? If not, regardless of amount of ink left in cart, replace all carts.
If you did not replace the print head... Replace it.

player

When I read about printers that were turned off but not decommissioned I wonder how many actually died?