• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keep getting WRITE PORT ERROR

styleyouneed

we have just added a Mutoh 1324 54" print and cut package to our shop. We have printed banners and stickers no problem. We printed one full side of a box truck wrap overnight and it printed the 4 panels no problem. Today We ran the other side and got a "write port error" I did some googling and it said to turn off TCP/IP in the printer config. We did this and got the error again twice since. When it happens it is in the middle of a panel. So we either have to reprint the panel or have a seam on the side of the truck in the middle of the panel.

Can someone PLEASE help on this issue. We are running flexipro-Cloud on windows 7 the printer is on the network. The laptop that has Flexipro on it is on the network and is wireless. It shows that it has a decent connection.

I cannot offer any concrete advice, except to say that it is generally a poor decision to attempt to drive a RIP-based large-format printer from any wireless connection. These systems are sending a copious amount of data to the printer, and wireless communication is inherently less reliable than an Ethernet cable. I would configure the laptop to the LAN with a wire and give it a go.

styleyouneed

Ok great thanks for the insight!

I had figured it printed fine over night because no one was on the network but during the day we have files flying all over and phones, emails etc. I have our IT guy coming in to set up a wired router in the back. I also want to set the printer up via the crossover cable.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I cannot offer any concrete advice, except to say that it is generally a poor decision to attempt to drive a RIP-based large-format printer from any wireless connection. These systems are sending a copious amount of data to the printer, and wireless communication is inherently less reliable than an Ethernet cable. I would configure the laptop to the LAN with a wire and give it a go.

+1

Wireless is inherently more buggy. The most stable setup you can make is hooking up the printer directly to the RIP station. Since you are using wireless already you should have an open Ethernet port on the back of the laptop. The great thing is you don't need a crossover cable with windows 7. It automatically detects what cable you are using and adjusts accordingly.