• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Keep Killing Blades

Since reopening we are doing a lot of floor graphics. We are going through blades very quickly cutting the floor graphics that have either a foil backing, or a grip tape surface. Anyone know of a 3rd party supplier that makes better blades than Graphtec? We are running an 8600 series.

Last edited:

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Since reopening we are doing a lot of floor graphics. We are going through blades very quickly cutting the floor graphics that have either a foil backing, or a grip tape surface. Anyone know of a 3rd party supplier that makes better blades than Graphtec? We are running an 8600 series.
A lot fo those grip materials are pretty abrasive for small format plotter cutting pens like that. the foiled ones also cause extra friction. you will likely often use more tools than usual. For some of the smaller format machines we have we have switched to coated tooling. this extended tool life. there are many options but for those materials, i like to use the bigger format machines.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Is it maybe the materials? Have you tried a regular vinyl with a textured (anti slip) laminate? Sounds like it’ll be a bit easier on your blades!

bannertime

We use the Clean Cut blades. But yeah, the foil textured floor graphics are going to kill just about any blade quick. No way around that. We used a lot of utility knife blades when we had to hand cut a roll and a half of Alumigraphics. I'll gladly pay $40-$60 worth of plotter blades to not have to do that again.