• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keeping a straight Line

Xll_LUKE_llX

Hello and good morning all!

I am relatively new to Vinyl work and am working on a small personal project. My company logo needs to be cut out so I can put it on my shop door and car. My question is how do I keep line clarity in my logo. Whats happening when I am converting the logo from a JPEG to an editable image in Coreldraw X4, in the process I am loosing some of the Straightness and clarity of my lines. Its not noticeable at a quick glance but to me looking closely I can see it. Its mainly in the curves of the letters C and E and such. I tried adjusting the Mode and trace settings but even still when I use the outline pen it is still there.

I have attached a couple images for reference.
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• R Curve.JPG
    R Curve.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 100
  • I Curve.JPG
    I Curve.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 98

Xll_LUKE_llX

In the original JPEG the image is perfect all the lines are clear and straight. I just cant get it to maintain that clarity.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
if you have photoshop. there are some corresponding steps that allow auto trace to work perfectly. it does need to be all in one color though.

garisimo

Flexi used to have a fairly decent (much better than Illustrator) auto trace, and I've heard good things about Vector Magic -- you might d/l the trial software and see if it works better than what you are using now. They also offer an online service if you don't need to convert that much.

-g-

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I think you should totally re-create your logo in vector format without auto tracing. You'll be using it a gazillion times in the future, and it's best to do it right the first time.

JB