• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keeping decal sheets flat?

zlux

We make domed decals here.
Despite it having a nice vacuum table, the doming machine requires sheets of decals to be rather flat.
We use several types of vinyl to print on.

Are there any recommended techniques to make sheets of printed & die cut vinyl flatter?

Besides the obvious, large & heavy objects on top of the sheets that is.

MikeD

I've used tape, painted low-tack adhesive on a carrier sheet and also started printing on vinyl with a "lay flat" liner.

Some causes for them not laying flat may be high humidity wicking into the liner or perhaps the plotting was done with too much pressure or too deep.

Good luck!

S'N'S

I use a spray on glue, just mist the glass and apply the sheet ... holds it flat for me but I only do small amounts at a time.

Snydo

What kind of doming machine are you using? I have been researching the last few days and having a hard time finding options. I just know the standard guns are not going to cut it for us much longer.

As for getting sheets to lay flat, I have had pretty good results cutting down .020 styrene sheets down to the size of the sheet I'm casting. Up here in the great white north, aside from a month or two in the dead of summer we have plenty of static and styrene is a magnet for it. Good Luck.

Similar problem but I was trying a spray on laminate. I used the spray tac adhesive we use to stick shirts to the boards. Spray it on an aluminum sheet and then stick the backer to the aluminum sheet.