• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keeping track of incoming jobs while your away ?

Holysteel

Hello,

I travel from one state to another quite often from time to time attending potential business clients. Meaning there will be a period of time i will be away from shop quite often.

Just trying to brainstorm how you guys who are in the same kind of situation manage to keep hold of how many orders that are coming in per day?

Problem is this. There might be a chance that a employee might produce it behind my back when i am away? Pocketing the payment himself. Usually the manager will be in place to supervise this. But he will get to tag along with me once in a blue moon. Leaving the shop all by the staffs themselves.

Any ways or tips to counter this? Any recommended admin system to share?

Many thanks in advance

yellowdawg

Employees do what they will do if you are afraid they are going to steal from you maybe you don't need them in the first place

yellowdawg

To keep track of our place while away we leave my dad there keeps the honest ones straight and keeps the shady ones outside cleaning etc etc etc sorry forgot to put that in my original reply

OlsonSigns601

I use signvox so I can see every order.
Everyone is required to enter phone notes into signvox when getting or making phone calls.
All phone messages are to be emailed instead of being written down on paper.
I have cameras so I can see everything that is going on and has happened in the last month with audio.
I can remote into the computer that runs flexi so I can look at the production managers log
I can remote into my workstation and design a job in corel.
I work only with people I can trust.

With the internet and a tablet I can not only be away but run the shop while I am.