Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerning gone weird!!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Dave Drane, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    I have a job set up and one word in it goes weird when sent to cut file. I node edited most of the copy and just one word "Motel" when sent to the cutfile tightens the kerning but says the lenght is as stated on the job and then cuts WYSIWYG from the cutfile??? Anyone know why this would happen. I thought about it overnight and thought maybe I should have converted the text to curves and tried that. It is no biggie but just a nuisance.:wine-smi:

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    what software & hardware Dave?

3. Dave Drane

Sep 24, 2003
    VMP (VinylMaster Pro) and Graphtec plotter Doug. After you do the design you send it to plotfile and then cutter. It shows what it is going to cut in the cutfile but it is different to what you see in in the design platform although it shows the lenght as being the same.??

4. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Hmmmmm! "MOTEL" Isn't that where you 'get together' ?

:rolleyes:

5. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Dave just curious you making one of the designs from the other thread if so Kewl Is it for & NO tell M o t e l ? :)

6. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Rewmember....Motel spelled backwards is :

Letom!

7. Dave Drane

Sep 24, 2003
    Letom go or letom at it!!