• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keyboard shortcuts Mac and PC

jenhuedepohl

You can also use "glyphs" in the newer versions of Adobe Illustrator (& InDesign). Shows an entire map of all the characters in the font and you can just click to insert the one you want. Great for Dingbats and the good script fonts that have alternate versions of all the characters.

Steve C.

Thanks Eric, I made one of these for myself some time back when I added
the extended charcters to my fonts. This is a good one and easy to read.
Nice of you to share.

Rodi

Thanks Eric, this looks nice, I'll be using it. At home I have on Mac, a little program that came from Letraset that showed all the glyphs in a font, and people were always amazed that I could grab any character in a given font and now I laugh because I work in a PC environment and people still use the character map, and I just chuckle to myself 'Penny wise Pound foolish"

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Yes, when in Illustrator/Indesign I use the glyphs tool myself, even easier. But for all the other programs, you can refer to this.

The glyphs toolbox works even better when you are using a font with alternate characters. Zapfino is one font in particular that has an extended character set that can only be accessed using Glyphs. It's also helpful with symbol fonts where each letter corresponds to a different symbol.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
CorelDraw will do this with "Insert Character"
You can dock or float the window and a double click will insert the character at the cursor.
Been there as far back as version 7 or 8 (i think)

wayne k
guam usa